Eight

ECHOS POV 

I sat alone with my own thoughts by the edge of the pond. The birds were all out and singing their happy little songs. It was a lazy afternoon with that sleepiness floating around the air causing many of my own friends to sleep instead of play and hunt with me. I was by myself, and I dont know how I feel about that today. Should I go see my human? Should I go and cause trouble by him? Not harmful trouble all good trouble. I debated all last night that maybe I should tell him Im not a natural tiger. I didn't really want to but I know that I should. No other animals will talk to me because of my scent. The animals that talk to me are animals who have known me since I was small and childish. We all grew up together. They know me better than I know myself. 

 'lazy Echo?'  

"Im not lazy, there is nothing to do.'  I looked to my big cat friend Angel. he was sitting by the waters edge giving me a short cat smile. Which is when our tongues hang out and we lick our muzzle. He sat there and then yawned.

'You are not yourself... Whats going on?'  He casually walked over closer with shoulders sliding up and down with his sleek walk. 

'Nothing, I'm not interested in the world around me right now.'

'Why? The world is a big place. Go and explore?' He said to me with hard eyes. Glaring me down.

'No, I am fine right here.'

'If your human called you, you would be running now wouldn't you?' He snapped at me looking away. I looked up with cold eyes. The anger flowing through my body. I wanted to make sure he didn't get back up from a fight right now. I growled and he sat there like I didn't just warn him. He looked back up and with a huff he turned around. 

'We need you and you're out here lolling about some stupid human who is going to kill you any day now. I dont get it Echo. I would have thought better of you. I would thought you know by now, humans are bad. Remember Amonika?' He said to me with low growls. Coning out strict and angry. His eyes board into mine. I wanted to look away, But I am dominate not submissive. Not in this world. I lowered my head as if to say yes and he looked down and bit at his nail quickly but looked back up.

'Shes dead, she was shot and skinned. Just yesterday. Her pack is having a silent meeting. Mentally. You better be able to tune in.. If not.. Dont bother with us any more.' I narrowed my eyes and stared at my long life best friend who seemed to be betraying me over my happiness. 

'Im sorry to hear that. She was good hunter. And leader. But I am not apart of their pack I give nothing to them, they give nothing to me. I have nothing to give them.'

'Respect?' He said standing growling deeply. I stood to my full height and growled. Of course I was bigger but that doesn't matter in a fight with claws and teeth. 

I turned away because I dont want to fight my friend. I wont fight my friends like that. I refuse. I turned away and started a dead sprint. I wasn't being mean to my friends, my human is special. He is very interesting. He is something different. He is an animal I have never met before like this. I refused to become not close with my friends but also my Human. I found my favorite tree right on the edge of the plains. I climbed it quickly, and sat there on my thick, smooth branch. I looked across the land seeing a small amount animals with long tails and strong hind legs. They were jumping so fast with their hind legs I thought I was seeing doubles of them. I saw the tall gods. They have long necks and they are able to reach the top of  trees with out even having to jump or climb. They can virtually do what ever and they have no enemy. I mean, unless one is sick then they are prey. Then the water buffalo. They were common. They traveled in huge packs. More then any big cat family, pride, heard would ever allow. I saw the sun hazily warm the plain, exposing all the true colors and the warmth warming my chilled fur from the shade too a nice temperature. I closed my eyes and let the sun shine on my face making my mind relax and my heart relax as well. I noticed that the birds had stopped singing their joyful melodies and now it was quiet over all except for the occasional chatter of animals passing by.  My heart was slow, my body was nice and warm, this was perfect for a nap. I laid down carefully and laid my head on my paws for support. I soon fell right to sleep. 

Yes, I have to say to myself... I do miss my Human. I did want my human with me by my side. I wanted him to climb trees. I wanted him to know my world so he can join me. Can he run as fast as I can? Can he protect me? Thats okay if he cant. I wouldn't mind protecting him. I loved seeing him scared then happy that I saved him.  There was just something about my human that made me so happy, and curious. I thought that I would never ever be this close or happy about anything. There is something that makes me tick. That makes me want to show him the real me. I haven't even seen the real me since I was small. I remember the fur on my head and face but never anywhere else. I wondered what I looked like now. But I didn't feel like being human and having to change back. I remember the pain because I wasn't good at it. I hated that I hadn't changed much since then. I know how to though, I wont ever be able to forget  how to. I sighed and made sure I was secure on the branch so If I twitch or something I wont fall to a painful sprain or even death. I thought that was funny on my part. I learned so many more words from my human. I listen to him speak his language and found it was similar to mine. I decided to give it a try and I will have to ask others about how to say certain things in that human language. I thought that humans were just hairless monkeys but they are different. Very different. 

AUTHORS NOTE:

Next chapter 3,000 words 

This was short and sweet Im sorry. I havent been there, Im dealing with life. Ill be doing weekly updates. Trust me. 

Love you 

xoxo