A Father's Love (Part I)

CLASS PERIOD: SECOND PERIOD

                A FATHER'S LOVE

 "All fathers are invisible in daytime; daytime is ruled by mothers and fathers come out at night. Darkness brings home fathers, with their real, unspeakable power. There is more to fathers than meets the eye." ~ Margaret Atwood

You know, when I was a little boy, I had always dreamed of my wedding--my future--I saw myself with a family of my own. I know, I know--it's kinda weird for little boys to have that dream--but I found it rather fun and nice. Dreaming about things and finally attaining them. At age 22, I met my soul mate. Her name was Talle Dubois. She was a very beautiful girl, very smart and witty as well. I wasn't that wealthy and I always thought that a girl like that was always out of my league and I mean, I was kind of a dork as well. But I actually was shocked when one day she approached me and suddenly asked me out. At first I couldn't believe it and thought that it was some kind of prank or something. Like, she would ask me out and then the jocks would secretly hide somewhere and then they would tie me to a pole naked or something. But that's not at all what happened. She literally asked me out and we both fell for each other. About five years later I asked her to be my wife and she said yes. We were now engaged. A few months after the proposal, we were married. Two years later, we had our first child. A beautiful girl named Chantalle, derived from both of our names--Oh what's that? I didn't tell you my name? Ooops, awfully sorry 'bout that. My name's Chaniel Hernandez. I know, it's kinda weird. But at least I know that my love--both my loves are forever gonna be amused by my unique name. After searching on the net, I found out that the name Chantalle is actually french. And in Old french it means "stone." Because I believe that one day my little girl would be strong--stronger than any rock. Haha. I know that sounds a bit cliché, but I still love that sense of cliché-ness. I'm a total dork, I know.

What's that? If I had to choose, who do I love more? Uhm, I really don't want to choose I love my daughter and my wife very much. What? I really need to answer it? Well okay but don't tell-- I would choose my daughter-- I mean don't get me wrong, I love my wife to death but I love my daughter in a way that I can't really explain. In a sense I am willing to die for her. And please get your mind outta that gutter it's in because I'm not talking about incestuous love, but rather a father's love for a daughter. And I would do ANYTHING to let her have the future she deserves.