A Father's Love (Part II)

My daughter is now a year old and I've been okay with my writing--did I mention that I am a writer--a crime writer in fact. I maybe a crime writer, but the thing is that I'm not one of them big names and thus I hardly get noticed by any of the big named book endorsers. So far I've written about fifty books and I rarely get recognized for them. But it isn't that bad--I mean after all I still get paid and it's all sufficient. Talle's changed though, she's been quite a compulsive shopper--even though she's quite a shopper at least she's not going over board with the spending. It's funny because a lot of people have told me that I write better than those who have big names in the writing business--that's actually something I never really notice or took seriously. It's October and Talle and I were planning on going trick-or-treating--all three of us--and I'd dress Chantalle as lil Christina Stead or lil Dante Alighieri or some important public figure.

OCTOBER 27

3:29 PM

Okay, I'm so excited about making Chantalle a costume :D

Oh no! What if I make such an ugly one, then Chantalle would keep an everlasting grudge against me!

O haha. I'm overreacting aren't I?

Anyway, I've decided that I'm going as Sherlock Holmes, Talle is going as Eleanor Roosevelt. and my sweet little daughter is going as tiny Sacajawea.

OCTOBER 28

4:37 PM

My wife and I have finished making Chantalle's costume. It's soo cute on her! Her mother even made a beaded necklace. She's very smart--My daughter I mean--She can already count to a fifty three and is starting to walk already. I think that she is some kind of genius or that she is advanced for her years. Oh, I can't wait for Halloween. Now onto our own costumes....

OCTOBER 30

6:33 PM

Hahaha. My costume looks so poorly made, my wife looks beautiful as ever.....(sigh)...... Maybe I should've asked my wife for some help. Anyway, I can't wait! It's tomorrow and finally I am going to take my daughter on her first trick-or-treating. But of course we'll start a bit early, maybe 6:30 and then finish in about an hour or so. Then we'll all go home and stuff our faces with all the candy we got.

OCTOBER 31

6:35

Well, I thought that by now we'd be on the streets and trick-or-treating already but my wife seems to be taking up so much time by just putting on her costume, and my daughter's costume.

6:45

I guess taking that much time wasn't so bad because both of my girls look so adorable. Especially my daughter, with her black hair and that adorable costume of hers. She could easily pass herself off as Pocahontas, now it's off to the outside world.

8:23

Never though that it would take us this long but we are finally done trick-or-treating. Now were going back home and we are gonna watch some TV while stuffing our faces. I know that Chantalle shouldn't eat too much candy but well, Halloween comes only every year and it would be unfair of me not to let her eat some.

8: 32

"Ah, so nice to be back home!" I said as I put the candy bags on top of the drawer, then Talle handed me Chancy ( that's the nickname I gave her, cute huh? )

"You wanna go and eat some of your well earned candy??" I asked Chancy and I think she nodded. I know that one day, my kid, Chantalle Hernandez, will be a genius of some sort. I just know it! Then I took out a piece of candy from my bag and whattaya know, I got one of those fruit candies. Y'know, those candies that are soft. It was in the shape of an apple, red in color, and it smelled fruity. D'uh. So anyway, I opened it and gave to her. Then her tiny hands reached out slowly to grab it and she took hold of it. Grasping it with a force--with a feeling of want--and then she popped it inside her mouth. Chancy looked so cute! Damn, I wished I had taken video of that moment.

These are the moments that I need to document... Hmm.... I'm gonna go and get the camera because I think she's about to do something amazing......

A FEW MONTHS LATER. . . . .

Yay! In just two weeks my daughter is gonna be two years old. My wife and have already made invitations. We've also picked out a cake and we are going to go and pick it up on the day. Already did most of the balloons.