Chapter 31 - Conor's P.O.V.

I see Nini's face fall when I tell her the time.

Then she drops to the ground like a stone.

I quickly follow her to the ground and rest on my knees as I shake her and check her pulse to see if she is still conscious.

I see her eyes are slightly open but I also see her blood dripping down her nose.

By a quick examination of her neck, I find a rapidly beating pulse that I am terrified to feel slowing down every second.

I see a wound on the side of her head that I devastatingly find to be leaking an alarmingly large amount of blood.

I start screaming for help even though I already hear the sirens.

"I'M LOSING HER!" I cry out, "SOMEONE CALL 911 RIGHT NOW!"

I am beginning to wonder why they would have sirens when the hospital is not even three hundred yards away from where Nina is laying right now when I hear people shouting at the group that is here for Nina's birthday. They are asking where the patient is.

I wave frantically from where I kneel on the ground beside Nina and yell; "She's here!" I check her pulse and wail in misery when I find nothing, "She collapsed, and she has a giant opening on the side of her head! She doesn't have a pulse!"

The three male paramedics jog their way over as I curse them for not moving faster.

Two of the three paramedics examine Nina.

I move back enough so they can access her, but I stay close enough so I can still see her.

Her face is covered in blood and her skin has gone paper white.

Her skin is the same white as her dress.

They both yell something into their walkie talkie and load her gingerly onto the stretcher.

A group of two girls and one guy (all teenagers) that were crossing the marble bridge have made their way over and have pulled out their phones and started to record the thing.

I charge over to them and have an advantage as they were probably not expecting a teenage guy to stalk over to them out of nowhere.

I smack every phone away from them and toss every one of the devices into the small area of water that is beneath the marble bridge.

As expected; every one of them lost their minds at me. Yelling, screaming, trying to attack me, but I shove them off as if they were nothing but a fly on my shoulder and knock the feet out from the guy who gets a face full of dirt and the two girls shriek and fall to their knees as they frantically try to help him up.

Wiping my hands together, knowing my job is done, I sprint back over to where the three paramedics have started to wheel Nina back to the hospital.

I ran alongside the adults who were with me and Nina in her hospital room as they asked me what happened to Nina.

I give the group a brief explanation and almost trip over Mrs. Montez because she is barely able to run herself, as she is freaking out about if Nina is going to be okay, and all that jazz.

They get Nina into a hospital room where Dr. Lisa and a female nurse replace two of the three male paramedics (one of them stays in the room to try and calm me down because I refused to stay outside) and they immediately begin CPR and Rescue Breaths.

I don't even take the time to look away as Dr. Lisa carefully, but quickly removes the flowing dress off of Nina's body.

Luckily, she was wearing underclothes.