Friends & familiar faces

Kayla bid farewell to the boys at the bathhouse entrance and went down the corridor. Neatly she folded her cloak and placed it next to her clothes and boots. The arrow wound had gotten worse. She closed her eyes and yanked the arrow shaft from her shoulder. Gingerly she bandaged it as well as she could, then headed into the sauna.

~~~~~~~~~~~Timeskip brought to you by the author being lazy~~~~~~~

"Hey guys! Ready to hit the road?" Kayla asked running down the stone steps.

Light was about to answer when a commotion near the bar drew their attention.

"How dare you! oof!" The bartender tossed someone out and was about to close the door when the person stood up.

It was a little girl in a red pinafore dress. Her blond hair was in two braids and she was furious.

"That's no way to treat a lady! Didn't your mother teach you any manners?" She shouted, gazing accusatorially at the bartender.

The bartender scoffed, "Your words grate my ears. A good child should be silent, and keep out of bars,"

The girl didn't seem to care, "I told you, I need to speak to the owner. It's important! He might know where my little sister is!"

"The bartender has a point" Light whispered to Kayla, "Five gold that he gets her to leave"

"Ten that she makes him cry," Kayla whispered back.

Erik scoffed, "Are you two really betting on who wins the argument?"

"Yes," They said in unison.

"Then my money's also on the kid," Erik laughed. All three of them turned back to watch the argument.

"A child in a bar is like a fish in a tree. You must search elsewhere,"

The girl groaned. "Ugh fine! If you're going to be a complete pighead about it, I'll go ask the guards by the gate instead,"

Light turned to his sister and Erik, holding his hand out expectantly. They each sighed and handed over five gold.

"Well, while you were relaxing, we were scoping out the town. I think it's our turn for some r and r," Erik said. He pulled Light by the arm towards the stairs and off to the sauna.

A/N very short chapter but Wattpad told me that I'd been gone too long