𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆

Monsters and myths, the things your parents told you wasn't real but was living right on your door step. They disguised themselves as humans, the living. Although You'd never witness these so called 'humans' in front of a mirror, they are known as, vampire.

Back in 1997 a lethal gas spread from one country to another. Deaths escalating from 80,000 to 1,678,907 increasing rapidly and daily, though the deadly poison could not be spread over or under sea, ocean or river which left only 20% of the population alive.
So here's where I come into the story.

My name is Layla, I am seventeen years old and I live in a ship with 2,000 other orphans, yes that's it an orphanage on a ship, Although my parents never died, they sent me away. You may be questioning why I mentioned the vampires. Back when we set sail from England, one year just before the toxic gas started to become known, Vampires fourteen to seventeen in human years and older in vampire years were planning on turning the new born orphans into vampires as well as the living humans board the ship, their plan was to move in to the ship and increase the population of vampires to grow there colony stronger then it was before, but the tables turned when earth became un-liveable for every and any race, animal or monster.

We left the ship with 2,400 other orphans although there was no stopping the vampires because they was uncontrollably killing humans. Suspicions where raised when an odd amount of people was being Killed by two puncture marks in the neck with devastating blood loss. That's when the conspiracy's started to form about vampires. It didn't take long for people to start believing and to realise there was vampires on the ship, course people were terrified many either choose life or death but most people choose to throw them selves of the ship, as they thought it would be the easy way out as many would say.

The captain finally broke news on how we could not go back to earth to set them or us free, it would kill us humans too if we were to make it back to land. Just like everything rules needed to be set in place to keep order in the ship. The rules are simple, one half of the ship is home to the vampires and the other humans. Any human that enters the vampires territory are allowed to be drained. Any vampire or human who kills someone on purpose are thrown out to sea. Yes very strict but I guess it's the only way to keep order.

Us humans live of the supply of food and drinks we set sail with although I have a reason to believe it could only last us a year or so where as vampires feed of anyone who disobeys any of our rules, that's a lot of people.

Leaders, we all have a leader of the pack where it could be your mum or dad or sister but here is quite different. Leader of the humans is Noah, tall, popular and athletic any basic girl swoons over where as leader of the vampires is Prince who I go crazy over, he's tall , pale obviously, with dark black hair, slicked back professionally.

His eyes are the most attractive feature I've been told, changing from light blue to vibrant red, although I have personally never met him he's said to be the leader because of being son to a powerful ruler in there kind, I don't know that much about him only that he stays to himself most of the time, sometimes very quiet as well as very confident.
Now I've spoken about A to B time to get back to the present.