𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

I didn’t respond to what Prince told me, I sat staring down on my lap thinking of words to say back but how could I? I don’t want to break his heart any more then it has been broken, I’m not cruel. Prince is cooking dinner for us while I’m reading the book Sebastian left behind, Dracula by Bram stoker, the fantasy of Vampires in films and books are different to the way they are in real life, yes they feed upon humans, yes they avoid sunlight but vampires have the same drama as us humans, they have the relationships the friendships and arguments mostly all the same but vampires have a more drive towards being romantic where as humans are more worked up on other things, I haven’t asked Prince or any other vampire about their kind as I’ve lived with them for so long, I feel a sense of family with the vampires on the ship, connected, of course not all, well most of them would much rather kill me then have a chat with me but from what I’ve learnt each vampire has a different amount of power from higher or lower in their strength or the role they play in there lives.

Prince quietly places the dinner in front of the chairs and calls me over with a wave of his hand, the pasta is cooked to perfection and my eyes roll back to the delicious taste “This is amazing” I say while Prince eats his pasta with blood as sauce, gross, “Thank you, do you want a drink?” he asks softly “Yeah have you got any wine” of course I’m not royal but pasta with a little bit of wine won’t harm any body, right?

He walks back over to the table and pours the red wine into the glass, I take the glass from his hand and pour the wine into my mouth slowly feeling the coldness run down my throat “This is so refreshing” I tell him while I pick up my glass for another sip, shortly after one glass turned to two glasses and more. “Prince watch this” I get up from the chair and briskly sway through the room feeling like I’m in the clouds “I don’t think that’s a good idea you should be resting” he says from the table although I block out his voice and continue to what feels like dancing through the air, I can hear music all around me singing in my ears, whispering to me. I hold a hand out to Prince and he gracefully takes hold of my hand with his cold touch as we swift like a feather through his room, his eyes grow a deep purple I’ve never witnessed before maybe he’s feeling something, feeling love, passion maybe even pain. “Your eyes” I mumble he shuts them quickly and they return back to his normal light blue colour.