𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆

He must be in there, I have to sneak my way in to find him, even though this could be very risky. I close the door behind me and step down the wooden stairs hearing the dark electronic music grow louder each step I take. I make it down to the what seems to be club, for only vampires. I know I’ve messed up when people on the dance floor shoot there heads my direction as I move through the separating crowd ,maybe even smelling the fear on me but from the back of the club in the far corner I see Prince, Dany and another girl sitting on leather seats. I make my way over there trying to be unnoticed but that’s a lot to ask for considering I am the only human here they can practically smell me.

 As I edge nearer I have no idea how to approach either walk straight up or try to get his attention from the corner but my heart forms in my throat when I watch the girl now wrapping an arm around Prince. He leans back and admires the girl from beside him not even knowing I am here watching this all go on, tears flood my eyes and I can’t help myself but run into the nearest door I see, the toilet. I quickly scurry into one of the stalls trying not to be seen by the boy and girl by the sinks. I hear someone leave but still one person stays so I try to be as quiet as I possibly can I don’t want to be drained today.

“I saw you” I hear from outside the stall “Your Layla right, I’ve heard things about you” the boy says my heart beats faster then ever not knowing what to do “Come out I won’t bite you I promise” after everything that’s happened I don’t trust no vampire “No, you will drain me” I say through sobs “I won’t I promise I’ll even come in your stall if you want “Why would I possibly want that?” the boy sighs “So when someone walks in they won’t see you” I unlock the door to him he has black hair with pretty green eyes and a defined jawline everything I couldn’t see when he was washing his hands.

I lock the door behind us as he walks into the stall it’s big enough for two people so I distance myself still unlikely to trust this stranger, he lifts my chin up with his hand and dabs a tissue under my eyes “Why are you crying?” I shake my head “I can’t tell you” he kneels down so he’s in front of me “Prince upset you didn’t he” I nod and begin to cry again I just cannot keep it in, how does he know so much? He reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a beautiful red rose and places it into my palm “This is yours now” his warm smile makes me smile as I drop my gaze from his face to my palm I hold the rose meaningfully and carefully in my hand and study the beauty of the vibrant red petals, I feel safe with this stranger.

“Do you want me to make you feel better” he asks “You won’t bite me will you” I laugh hoping I won’t regret saying that “Can you sing Layla?” he asks while slouching against the wall “I’m not sure” he takes my hands and lifts me up from the floor beneath me “Your safe with me” he unlocks the bathroom stall and walks us out into the club “What are you doing!” I whisper loudly but he pulls me on to the stage in front of the whole club of vampires “Ladies and gentlemen may I have your attention” he says into the microphone “I met a girl tonight eyes like the ocean, beautiful but deep” he leans over and pulls me close to him “Her name is Layla” in the crowd I see Prince and Dany’s faces in shock watching us on stage from the couch “Tonight I dedicate this song to a beautiful girl” he says into the microphone confidently.

The boy whispers to the band a song and starts singing look at that girl by Otis Redding, he grabs me by the hand and spins me around next thing I know where dancing on stage in front of  the whole club, everyone seems to be enjoying watching us dance as I see from there smiling faces, I don’t think I’ve had this much fun in forever. The song comes to a end and he whispers into my ear “One more?”  he places the microphone in front of his mouth again but I see Prince’s eyes vibrant red from the stage and just before the boy begins to sing Prince runs up to us and grabs my wrists hard yanking me away back into the corridor.