ℂ𝕦𝕣𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝔸𝕗𝕗𝕒𝕚𝕣𝕤

New Year begins in January month

New Year begins in January month. It is the first month of the Julian and Gregorian calendars. Important days and events fall on every month. Therefore, we have compiled a list of important days and dates of national and international importance month by month that will also help in the preparation of various competitive examinations including SSC CGL, RRB, etc.

January was named after Janus, the Roman god of all beginnings. This is the month of the new door of the beginnings of the new year with new things, possibilities and provides the ability to see all things past and future. Check, the list of important days and dates (National and International) in January 2022 is provided.

Important Days and Dates in January 2022

⦿ 1 January – Global Family Day

It is celebrated as a day of peace and sharing. It aims to unite and spread a message of peace by considering and promoting the idea that Earth is one Global Family to make the world a better place to live for everyone.

⦿ 4 January - World Braille Day

It is observed on January 4 to honour the birth of Braille's inventor, Louis Braille.

⦿ 6 January - World Day of War Orphans

On 6 January every year, World Day of War Orphans is celebrated to create awareness about the plight of the war orphans and to address the traumatic conditions faced by them.

⦿ 8 January - African National Congress Foundation Day

South African Native National Congress (SANNC) was founded on 8 January 1912 by John Langalibalele Dube in Bloemfontein. Behind this, the primary motive was to give voting rights to black and mixed-race Africans or to unite African people and spearhead the struggle for fundamental political, social, and economic change.

⦿ 9 January – NRI (Non-Resident Indian) Day or Pravasi Bharatiya Divas

NRI or Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is observed every year on 9 January to mark the contribution of the overseas Indian community towards the development of India. This day also commemorates the return of Mahatma Gandhi from South Africa to Mumbai on 9 January 1915.

⦿ 9 January - Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti

He was the 10th and last of the personal Sikh Gurus known for his creation of Khalsa, the military brotherhood of the Sikhs. He was the son of the ninth Guru Tegh Bahadur.

⦿ 10 January -  World Hindi Day

It is celebrated on 10 January to commemorate the First World Hindi Conference.

⦿ 11 January – Death anniversary of Lal Bahadur Shastri

He was the second Prime Minister of Independent India. He popularized the slogan 'Jai Jawan Jai Kisan' He actively participated in India's freedom struggle. Due to cardiac arrest, he died on 11 January 1966.