ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖

Change is a universal element

Change is a universal element. Defined as "an act or process through which something becomes different", it is a journey of renewal. A trek through good and bad times... A hike up and down hills of hardships... A tedious odyssey towards a better life. Or sometimes, worse. 

Change can be something delightful, like a promotion at work; but it can also be miserable, like the loss of a friend. It is an elemental feature of the world that can vary from changes in moods to changes in seasons. Whatever it may be, it is evident that change is something that the newer generations of this world must adapt to. What with new advances in the science and technology fields, transformations in nature, alterations in culture and amendments in society, we are presented with a lot to absorb. What are these so-called changes? If Change is a vast topic, then what are the diverse sorts? Why do they occur? Are they beneficial? Or... are they deadly?

In this first issue of our magazine, where our main theme is Change, we'll guide you through this story and answer as far as we can. Because that's what we, TheNatureClub, is here for!

Changes in human life can have a great impact: but can also be hard to achieve. Birth, growth, pubescence, finding self-independence, none of this is easy. From foetus-in-womb to toddler. From infant to student. From child to adult. From high-school graduate to a worker. And what's amazing is, life doesn't take a full stop there. On and on, up a winding path full of twists and cliffs we go, with a flicker of hope like a light lighting up a gloomy tunnel. But it is these changes that keep us going, headed towards a better future. 〝𝖠𝗅𝗅 𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗍 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖼𝖾𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝖻𝗒 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗈𝗌〞, after all.

Advancements in the world's fields, such as medicine and technology, have left a ginormous influence. For instance, rapid progresses in the tech industry are the foundation stone that has led to countless other changes in the world. Starting with culture. It is the art of Invention that alters how we do things, and therefore Invention that leads to the development of cultures across the world. The public's understanding of moral principles and values has improved over the years due to the exposure that the WorldWide Web provides. Along with that, the frankness and freedom of expression in literature and other arts has also risen to a new degree. This means a lot to most, as it affects the mindsets and attitudes of society towards underestimated populations such as littles and rainbow communities. 

Advances in technology have also led to major evolutions in the medical world, as new healthcare electronic technologies — like biometrics, three-dimensional printing, and immunotherapy — are invented for clinical use. A conventional example would be how extensive and time-consuming queues at hospital counters have declined with the help of e-channeling. These changes all have their pros and cons and affect the world's progress in complex, often unprecedented, ways.

Changes in Nature, on the contrary, are simple. Altering their own ways of living is more or less nothing but an everyday activity to Nature. These kinds of changes usually occur due to environmental factors. How? Imagine a tornado entering a coral reef. The storm's havoc would definitely lead to the demolition of reef life. Moreover, changes can also be brought about by interactions between organisms and species within an ecosystem. Taking a basic example from a boring fifth-grade Science book, foxes eating more rabbits would lead to more grass plants surviving. But don't forget: consumption isn't the only mode of inter-organism interaction. Ever heard of a beautiful term called mutualism? Symbiosis? This is a bond between two organisms where both benefit from each other. Species helping each other out — sounds lovely, doesn't it? 

But if Man attempts to change Nature, it can — and most often will — lead to destruction. Nature is not something that can be controlled by mankind. All nature-lovers know that! Think of men spraying pesticides across fields... With what purpose? With their logic that it will reduce harm to their crops. Surely that will be a wonderful solution? But when the pesticides start killing the bee populations, Nature's prominent pollinators...

In that sense, it is safe to deduce allowing Nature to take her own course and make her own changes is the best option we may have to a better place for living. 

Change isn't always something that we can control. But what change we can control, especially that which may lead to adversities, we must strive to restrain. Pollution, sea level rises, burnout, infrastructure. Keeping these in check would be a major lending hand in renovating Earth's future. 

Nothing ever lasts. Nothing stays the same forever. Change is vital and is something we should all understand. As 𝕁。𝔽。𝕂𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕕𝕪, the 35th President of the US once said: 

❝𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮  𝓲𝓼  𝓽𝓱𝓮  𝓵𝓪𝔀  𝓸𝓯  𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮。❞ 

🌸 🍃 🌸 🍃 🌸 🍃 🌸 🍃 🌸 🍃 🌸 🍃 🌸

~Written by WangXianLovingLotus aka Sam