❀ 𝚂𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜

Here are the highlights of all the sports affairs of January 2022-

⦿ The Best FIFA Football Awards 2021 - January 19, 2022

The Best FIFA Football Awards are presented by the FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association). It was first awarded in 2017. It revived the FIFA World Player of the year, which was presented by FIFA till 2015. Best FIFA Football Awards 2021 Best Player in the world (men): Robert Lewandowski Best Player in the world.

⦿ Deportation of Novak Djokovic - January 19, 2022

Novak Djokovic has not taken the COVID vaccine. Therefore, the Australian Government considers the Serbian player as a threat to the country. This is why the top-ranked tennis player was deported from Australia. What happened? Australian Open is one of the four important tournaments of the Grand Slam. It was to start in January.

⦿ Badminton: India Open Title Winners

India's Lakshya Sen secured his maiden Super 500 title by winning the "Yonex-Sunrise India Open", on January 16, 2022.

⦿ India's 73rd Chess Grandmaster

On January 9, 2022, Fourteen-year-old Bharath Subramaniyam became India's 73rd chess Grandmaster. He secured the third and final Grandmaster norm at an event at Cattolica in Italy. He scored 6.5 points from nine rounds along with four others and finish seventh in the event.
He secured his third GM norm here as well as touched the requisite 2,500 (Elo) mark.

Source-
www.gktoday.in

~Written by Susholic aka Katherine