❀ 𝚂𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚢

Revealing the past

The Universe, as the name suggests, is vast and filled with innumerable stars and planets. On average, it is estimated that there is at least one planet for every star. In order of that, there are millions of stars in our galaxy only like our earth. James E. Webb ran the fledgling space agency from February 1961 to October 1968. He believed that NASA had to strike a balance between human space flight and science. He did more for science than perhaps any other government official and it is only fitting that the Next Generation Space Telescope would be named after him.  NASA's James Webb Space Telescope launched at 7:20 a.m. EST Saturday on an Ariane 5 rocket from Europe's Spaceport in French Guiana, South America. One hundred times more powerful than Hubble, Webb will capture light, stretched over space and time into long infrared wavelengths, from the universe's first stars and galaxies. Once the spacecraft has fully unfolded in space and begun collecting data, it will provide an unprecedented window into our universe's deep past. Webb will peer more than 13.5 billion years back into cosmic history to a time when the first luminous objects were evolving. It's the first observatory capable of exploring the very earliest galaxies and could transform our understanding of the universe. Webb will also study the atmospheres of planets orbiting other stars, and observe moons, planets, comets, and other objects within our own solar system. This data will reveal the molecules and elements that exist on distant planets and could unlock clues to the origins of our planet and life as we know it. The James Webb Space Telescope is the most complex space science observatory ever built. Its revolutionary science is made possible by key contributions from NASA's expertise in Silicon Valley and will allow scientists to explore parts of the universe never seen before.

For more information about James Webb Telescope: https://www.nasa.gov/

𝘾𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙎𝙪𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙣

China reached an amazing feat on Wednesday after its artificial Sun reached temperatures that are five times hotter than the Sun. If that weren't enough, the country's first artificial moon is also ready.

Artificial Sun EAST is now five times hotter than Sun

The "artificial sun" called EAST (Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak) is a nuclear fusion reactor. It set a world record for reaching temperatures five times hotter than the Sun and staying there for 17 minutes.

According to state-run Xinhua news agency, EAST clocked in temperatures of 70 million degrees Celsius (158m degree F), bringing scientists closer to realizing their dream of creating a near-unlimited source of clean energy.

The Sun's core, in contrast, reaches temperatures of 15 million degrees Celsius (27m degree F). Earlier, EAST had set a similar record when it ran for 101 seconds at 120 million degrees Celsius (216m degree F).

Nuclear fusion eliminates the creation of greenhouse gases. If done right, it could pave way for clean energy consumption in the future. And China's artificial Sun is doing exactly that.

 And China's artificial Sun is doing exactly that

Here comes China's Artificial Moon

On top of this, China's first "artificial Moon" is also here. This artificial Moon creates low-gravity conditions on Earth and has been designed to aid lunar missions in the future.

Reportedly inspired by experiments that used magnets to levitate a frog, the artificial Moon is China's attempt at perfecting future lunar missions. Created by Li Ruilin from China University of Mining and Technology, the artificial Moon is being portrayed as the "first of its kind in the world" and hopes to take lunar simulation to a grander level.

According to Li, the simulator is capable of making gravity disappear and its effects can last for as long as one wants. When the magnetic field is strong enough, it can levitate virtually anything.

What do you think about these great strides made by China? Let us know in the comments below. For more in the world of technology and science, keep reading Indiatimes.com.

References

Chen, S. (2022, January 12). China has built an artificial moon that simulates low-gravity conditions on Earth. South China Morning Post. Turner, B. (2022, January 11). China's $1 trillion "artificial sun" fusion reactor just got five times hotter than the sun. Space.Com.

~Written by songoflovegod aka Twyla