❀ 𝙽𝚎𝚠𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑

1 January 2022

- Prime Minister of Haiti survived an assassination attempt made at a ceremony for the nation's independence anniversary. The gunmen had failed to kill Ariel Henry. Ever since the assassination of President Moïse last July, the country's security situation has visibly degraded. Government officials have claimed that groups of "bandits and terrorists" are behind the situation.

- 12 people were killed and 16 others were left injured succeeding a stampede at the Vaishno Devi Temple in northern India. It is assumed that the sudden influx of pilgrims seeking blessings on New Year's day must have led to the arousal of such a devastating stampede. 

4 January 2022

- Rio de Janeiro, renowned worldwide for its street parade, cancels the 2022 celebration. It is said this is due to the surging COVID-19 cases and the emergence of the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant as well. 

6 January 2022

- United States President Joe Biden directly blames former President Donald Trump for his role in the January 6th, 2021, at the US Capitol. He has said that Mr. Trump had "just rallied the mob to attack" in a speech a short while ago, before "watching it all on television, doing nothing for hours".

7 January 2022

- A gas explosion in Chongqing, China, kills 16 and injures 10.

8 January 2022

- Volcán Wolf, or as we would call it, Wolf Volcano, the tallest volcano located in the Galápagos Islands, erupts. It has been a reported seven years since its last eruption.

9 January 2022

At the 79th Golden Globe Awards:- South Korean actor O Yeong-Su has won the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor in the Squid Game television series, becoming the first person from South Korea to win the honour. (Korea Times)- MJ Rodriguez wins the Best Actress in the Pose television series, becoming the first trans actress to win a Golden Globe. (CNN)

27 January 2022

- Women's Ashes 2022, the cricket series between Australia's and England's women, commenced on Thursday, the 27th of January, and is scheduled to end with its final ODI on 19th February. Starting with Test matches from the 27th to the 31st, the series will then proceed to have 3 T20 matches before concluding with 3 ODIs.

Sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Current_events/January_2022

https://www.cricschedule.com/series/28-womens-ashes-2022-schedule-fixtures.html

~Written by WangXianLovingLotus aka Sam

🌸 🍃 🌸 🍃 🌸 🍃 🌸 🍃 🌸 🍃 🌸 🍃 🌸