Chapter 7

Oriana

"What the hell just happened?" I slowly asked him as I looked around the place. I was freaked out with all of the people really calling my name and asking me things that I don't understand. Paano ba nila nalaman ang pangalan ko?

"They are aware of the history. They found out that my Lolo once sent your Grandfather to court that's why they are curious of why we're always seen together." He took a step back from me as he explain the reason behind all the crowd that's flooding around me.

My brows quickly furrowed with his sentence.

So, 'yun 'yung kwento na alam nilang lahat? Na si RicoJavier and nagpa-kulong sa Lolo because he did something bad?

What the fuck?!

"They wanted to hear some stories between me and you so they wanted to talk to you--but hindi mo naman sila kailangang pansinin, you're not really required to do something that you don't wanna do at the first place so... 'wag mo na silang isipin." His eyes landed on me after he arranged his long sleeves corporate attire and then there is that calming smile of his again.

"I will do what I can do para mawala ka na sa frontrow ng balita, you can trust me on that," He continued.

I sighed as the anger that was building inside me is immediately melted with his words. Gaano na ba katagal nang huling beses na may isang taong nagparamdam saakin na kahit papano ay may... kalayaan ako?

Kahit papano ay may taong nakakarinig sa boses ko?

It's been so long.

It's been so long, Ira.

I looked at him feeling weary. I didn't say anything and just listened to him talk. Walanaman na akong mapupuntahan sa kasalukuyan dahil sigurado akong marami pang mga tao ang naghahanap saakin. I'll stay here for a while first and maybe I'll check later if it's possible to leave already.

"Actually I just learned now that our family had those kind of history. I'm a bit disappointed that no one told me about a thing but at the same time I'm glad that somehow it's now all in the past, right?" he was talking so calm that although his words are really the complete opposite of everything... I'm calmed and I'm actually enjoying how the conversation is processing.

I smiled a bit because I should be mad with all of the false news in his head but instead I'm enjoying his company.

"Are you okay?" he was smiling too but at the same time he looked like he's trying to figure out why I'm suddenly smiling after staring at him for a couple of seconds.

"I'm just shocked... that you didn't know even a thing about... about that," I tried to talk. I tried my best to just go with the flow and not spill anything to him.

Sa tingin ko mas mabuti nalang sa kaniya na panatilihin niyang kalmado ang sistema niya at 'wag nang guluhin ang inosente niyang pag-iisip.

He's better off without all those negativity that our families has.

"I know." he smiled at me. He looked like he's amazed that finally I talked to him with the same tone that he's been using on me since the first day we met.

"And I suppose... you know something about it?" He continued our conversation.

I nodded and he also nodded out of acknowledgement.

"They are all mad that you're hanging out with me, I'm sure, bakit nandito ka parin? Hindi ka ba mapapasama sa Tatay mo kapag nalaman na din nila na palagi tayong magkasama?" I started asking him, pertaining to his fans, after moments of thinking.