Chapter 8

Y/Ns POV

Y/Ns POV

The deep, scorching light of the sun shone on the docks and beaches of Tortuga

The deep, scorching light of the sun shone on the docks and beaches of Tortuga. "Feast your eyes, Captain. All of them faithful hands before the mast, each man worth his salt. And crazy to boot." Gibbs stated showing you all the crew that had applied. "So this is your able bodied crew?" Turner questioned, sarcastic yet confused, each man was scrawney and covered in dirt, a contarst for Will you were sure.

Jack walks along the line of men more, squinting and looking them up and down, silently judging them. He stopped infront of a man with a parrot on his shoulder. "You sailor!"
"Cotton, sir." Gibbs put in.
"Do you have the courage and fortitude to follow orders in the face of danger and almost certain death?" Jack pryed, the man didn't reply. Your brows pulled together in slight confusion. "Answer man." Jack scolded getting slightly closer to Cotton. Gibbs put in " He's mute sir, poor devil had hos tongue cut out," He opened his mouth wide to reveal disheveled teeth and the lack of most of his tongue, half of it missing. "So he trained the parrot to talk for him, no ones yet figured how." Jack visibly gagged at the tongue, or lack-there-of, recoiling at the sight and taking a quick glace at the floor. He goes to continue walking, but suddenly stops, looking back at Cotton and his parrot. "Mr Cotton's, parrot." Jack hesitated, the wierd turn of events to talking to a parrot lingered in yours, Gibbs', Jack's, and Wills minds. The parrot squawked and began bobbing its head, "Wind in ya sails, wind in ya sails." Jack looked to your in confusion, grimace on his face as if he had seen something grusome or cringe-worthy for the first time. "Mostly we figured that means 'yes'." Gibbs saves. "Course it does, that fine?" Jack almost slurs. "Well, you've proved they're mad." Will states, a slight anger, almost, present in his voice. "No lie, I kind of like 'em." You state cheerily.

"What's the benifit for us?" A femine voice calls out. The four of us, Jack in lead, slowly head towards the figure, their large hat covering their face as to not be seen. Jack attempts to look under the hat, but when he fails at that he simply takes it off them. "Anna-maria." Jack states. Before anything else could be said, an audible slap found its way to Jack's face, throwing his head back to face us. You let out a loud snort, unable to contain your laughter. "I suppose you didn't deserve that one either?" Will asked. "No that one I deserve." Jack says, Anna-Maria nodding violently behind him. "You stole. My. BOAT." She says angrily. She slaps Jack again, not giving him chance to reason. "Borrowed." He states, "Borrowed without permission. But with every intention I'm bringing it back."
"But. You. Didn't!" She cries, Jack's smile falling from his face. "You'll get another one." He resolves, hesitanatly. She points her finger at Jack, "I will." She says, menacingly. "A better one." Will says, attempting to help. "A better one!" Jack repeats. "That one." You stated, smirking at Jack. Jack looks at you with wide eyes, paniked at what you said. "What one." He asks and you gesture to the ship you were currently using to sail across the seas, Jack looks at it, everyone else does too. "That one!?" Jack questions angrily, Will then gestures to Anna-maria with his eyebrows, Jack and the rest of the crew look to her. "Aye that one, what say you?"
"Aye!" She and the crew shout. She snatches back her hat, walking with the rest of the crew.

"No, no. It's frightful bad luck to bring a woman aboard sir." Gibbs states, you clear your throat loudly and glare at him. "Apologies." Jack looks of into the sky, "It'd be far worse not to have her." He states, you and the other two look at where he was staring as he walks off. "Oh aye." You say before you walk off to go with Jack, confusion on the others faces.

---

The ship sways on the harsh seas, wind, rain, thunder and lightning clouding peoples views. You stand by the wheel with Jack ensuring the bearings were correct. Water flows over the sides, the crew dashing back and forth, trying to keep us afloat. Jack looks at his compass before vigorously steering the ship. Gibbs walks up to the two of you staggering as the ship violently swayed. "We should blow canvas, sir." He says.
She can hold a bit longer." You state, knowing there was an end to this storm. "Whats in your head thats put you in such a fine mood Captain?" Gibbs questions. "We're catching up." Jack replies.

A/NSorry this took so long to do, as I said I have recently had an exam week, but its now the winter holidays so I should be back on track

A/N
Sorry this took so long to do, as I said I have recently had an exam week, but its now the winter holidays so I should be back on track.
Thanks for reading :)
Have a good day ♡