Ch. 7

The seasons started changing, and red leafs started falling from the trees, dancing on the streets and gathering in large piles.
Temperatures went down rather fast and vendor's began selling hot foods and drinks. Fall would've passed soon, making room for a cold winter instead. The school festival would be held by then, much to Zenitsu's relief.

Admittedly, he would miss the extra alone-time he had with his art teacher. It's been a few weeks since they became an unofficial couple, and soon they would lose nearly every reason they had to meet up at school. That they met up in private at least every weekend wasn't something anybody should know to begin with. The pair had to sneak around for a reason after all.

They had many dates, all of of which had taken place at Uzui's spacey apartment. Zenitsu didn't mind, he was just happy to be able to spend more time with his boyfriend. It was amazing, calling his crush his boyfriend now. He really lucked out for once.
Uzui on the other hand wanted to treat the younger man to expensive food and liquor, go shopping in luxurious shops and spoil him a bit. He wanted to parade him around and make their dates fun and enjoyable. The restrictions they loved by annoyed him to no end. 'Only half a year left', he kept reminding himself, 'then I can take him on so many flamboyant dates.'

Talking about dates; The couple was currently lazing around on Uzui's big couch, embracing each other under a thin blanket. They had cooked dinner together, consisting of high quality grilled fish and rice, with a few side dishes as well. Thus impressing the blond that Uzui could actually cook pretty well, once more.
They didn't eat dessert but drank hot chocolate instead, after Zenitsu's insistence. (Uzui wasn't that much of a fan of sweets but the blond kept bugging him to buy more sweet things for his regular visits, so he obliged.)

At the moment, they were watching a drama series that was playing on a random channel. Zenitsu didn't know it's name, even though they got pretty invested in the clichéd story line. The drama ran each Saturday evening, always when Zenitsu stayed the night, and they discovered it by accident. Not knowing what to watch instead, they settled on this and it kinda became a thing.
It was embarrassing for the blond to admit, but he actually enjoyed dramas and romantic series in general. Uzui often made fun of them, yet watching just as intensely as his lover did. He would never admit his interest in the show, though.

"Argh come on!", exclaimed Zenitsu in distress, "Y'all can't be serious! Can't you see that he isn't interested in that random girl?? He only has eyes for Sumiko-chan and now she thinks he is into this girl he literally never saw before???".
Uzui chuckled lowly, looking down at his boyfriend, who seemed seriously upset. He slung his arms around the blond's shoulders, hugging him tightly into his side. "Eh, Sumiko-chan is just insecure. She doesn't know that he is head over heels for her.". Zenitsu huffed. "Everyone can see it, Uzui-san! Everyone!". The older man grinned and shook his head lightly.

The next scene started playing, but Zenitsu's gaze turned to Uzui's. "This is so stupid and unrealistic. Everyone would notice if someone was so madly in love with them.".
"Eh, not so sure about that.". Fuchsia eyes glinted at him, amusement visible. "You weren't aware of my attraction to you either.". A light blush formed on his lover, barely visible because of the dimmed candle light. The screen of the TV was also barely lit, showing a scene at night.

"T-that's totally different.", stuttered the younger man, going back to watching the drama. Sumiko-chan started whining to her friends about her crushes 'new girlfriend', which didn't even exist. What a surprise, not predictable at all. Zenitsu rolled his eyes.
"It's not though.", rumbled Uzui, also watching the scene before them. His boyfriend made a confused sound at that.
"I mistook Kamado for your boyfriend.". Uzui just shrugged, as if this wasn't a big revelation to Zenitsu.