•Chapter 5•

Y/n = Your name

L/n = Last Name

A trellis is an architectural structure, usually made from an open framework or lattice of interwoven or intersecting pieces of wood, bamboo or metal that is normally made to support and display climbing plants, especially shrubs
^^^
Use this for later in the book, you'll need it lmao
____________________________________________________________________________

October 31st, 1990

Y/n bounced her leg up and down as she ate at the table watching tv with her mom. She could hardly wait for the time of night to come. In fact all of the kids in Haddonfield probably felt the same way.

"Momma, can I keep my candy this year?" The girl said while swinging her legs back and forth. Her mother hummed in deep thought as she put her dishes in the sink."Yes" Y/n almost sprung out of the seat in joy until- "If you wash the dishes with me all though November" she slithered down the seat and frowned. "fine. I'm tired of getting three pieces per day anyways"

Once her plate only had crumbs remaining on its surface, she scooted infront of the tv and watched whatever was on. Most of it was Halloween themed programs and cartoons. She continued to flip through the channels until flashing red lights and a giant headline popped on the screen.

TEEN BOY FOUND DEAD IN PARK

The broadcast had just started as the reporters greeted the viewers. "Breaking News, an unidentified boy has been found dead in the park near Haddonfield Elementary. The boy was found with multiple fractured bones and his face beaten in. We do not yet have the identity of the-" the screen flashed then went to black. Y/n turned around to face her mom who had the remote held up. "That's it. No trick or treating" "But mom I-" "I said no! I don't need some lunatic to hurt my daughter. No going out tonight"

"I promised Michael!" "No means no, I am not going to reason with you like this" tears rolled down her face as she stood up and brushed past her mom. "I finally get to do something fun, and I finally have a friend. And you have to go and ruin it!"
The mothers heart stopped at those words. "I'm going to bed, just leave me alone" she stormed up the steps and slammed the door behind her. Plopping on the bed and curling up in a ball, Y/n sat it silence as her ears picked up the laughter of kids trick or treating outside.

The costume she was going to wear was still hanging on the closet door. She tilted her head up to see out the window more, looking at the quiet Myers home. Deborah was out working, Ronnie was probably passed out drunk, Judith probably with her boyfriend, and Michael....
What could he be doing?

'Probably waiting for me to show up' said her mind. The guilt overwhelmed her of not being able to tell Michael she couldn't come tonight. He'd probably hate her after this. She looked out the other window at the moon shining on her. Y/n swung herself off the bed and scuffled to the window to get a better look at the moon. Carefully opening the window, the eyes of the girl glazed over the bright white circle in the sky.

Her eyes wandered as she looked down under her window. The vines that grew up the trellis were as big as ever. An idea popped in her mind. The trellis was made of thick wood and was attached to the house itself, like a makeshift ladder. A smile curled onto her face as she popped her head back into the room.
Grabbing the costume and rushing to get it on, Y/n felt relief wipe the pain off her chest. 'I don't have to miss Halloween afterall" 

She shoved some pillows under the blanket to make it look like someone was under them. Cliche but it would have to do. She swung a pillowcase across her shoulder and carefully climbed out of the window. Her foot scraped the top of the trellis, fingers holding onto the window ledge for dear life.