[14] The Inevitable

While I was studying, my head began to hurt again as a man with amber eyes and white hair kept coming back to me.

'Witcher'

"Are you alright, Princess?!"

The headache stopped once Mousesack arrived and he was worried as I haven't had a severe migraine since I arrived here.

"The Witcher, I keep seeing him for some reason and he seems to be important to me....why is that, Mousesack?" I wondered.

"He took care of you when you decided to travel the Continent," Mousesack answered.

"That still doesn't explain his attitude towards me....every time I remember him, my heart beats faster than normal and the look he gives me are full of love as well as admiration," I added.

"You and the witcher share a special bond that no one can take from you," he revealed.

"Thank you....Mousesack, why was Aunt Cal dressing one of Cirilla's friends to look like her?"

"In case someone comes after your cousin, it's just a practice run your aunt is taking care of," Mousesack answered.

"I need to find this witcher and remember who I am," I stated.

"You will when the time is right," he assured.

Mousesack left the room while I continued my study and all I could think about was that witcher from my memories. Suddenly, I noticed a portal appearing before me so I grabbed my cloak to go through the portal and I found myself in another part of the castle.

"First, you try to kill me...then, you lie to me; I'm just trying to keep Cirilla safe"

"Ciri is safe...with me until the day she takes the throne from my niece who will take it from me," Aunt Cal argued.

"Listen to me-"

"Witcher," I whispered.

"Your aunt would prefer if you were to better dress yourself before tonight's feast," Uncle Eist mentioned.

"Uncle Eist, welcome home," I greeted.

"I have some gifts waiting for you once you go back to your room before your Aunt Calanthe sees you," he warned.

"Yes uncle," I agreed.

I headed upstairs to my chambers as he brought me more dresses, jewelry, and best of all, weaponry to practice with. I decided to wear one of the new dresses as I joined the festivities with my family. As I was heading back to my chambers after the festivities, I could hear the knights talking about the witcher who's being held prisoner here.

"Let's be glad that the future Lioness of Cintra is finally home and far away from that mutant bastard"

I finally arrived to my room where I changed into my sleepwear and I noticed Aunt Cal entering my room as she was going to leave to the battlefield.

"What's going on???" I asked.

"I must leave to the battlefield....I've spoken to Mousesack and he will prepare you for whatever outcome this fight will bring to Cintra," Aunt Cal explained.