[12] Acceptance

"I'm going back to Kaer Morhen and I want you to come with me, Val," Mother said.

"I'd love to spend time with you but I can't just abandon Geralt nor Jaskier now," I argued.

"Valyria, you and your mother have many things to speak about and I'm certain you'll find a way back to us through your magic," Geralt suggested.

"Are you sure, Geralt???"

"This is what you came for...now, go back to Kaer Morhen with her," he reminded me.

"I know that but-"

"Go with her and learn whatever you can about what you're capable of," Geralt stated.

"Can we speak privately???" I asked.

We went into another room and I knew what he was trying to do.

"Geralt, I'm not leaving you behind especially given that you and I must go back to Cintra for your Child Surprise," I reminded him.

"And I swore an oath to protect you before anyone or anything....you matter to me more than some child I never wanted," Geralt argued.

"Those are my father's words and you fvcking know that...if you truly love me, you would let me make that choice," I argued.

"That's the fvcking problem, Valyria; I love you too much to put you in harm's way again," Geralt stated.

"Geralt..."

He kissed my forehead and left with Jaskier on another adventure while I went back to Kaer Morhen with mother and Yennefer went her own path.

Caingorn Mountains 1262

Yennefer sent me a letter, needing my help to slay a dragon as she was going to use it for some kind of unknown purpose. I decided to join her on her quest along with some knight she'd met and when I arrived to the tavern Yen wanted me to meet her in, I noticed Jaskier and Geralt were here as well.

"Valyria, wait!"

"Yen, I'm not going to help you with Geralt and Jaskier involved in this quest," I stated.

"I didn't know those two would be here," Yennefer argued.

"Fine, I'll just have to avoid Geralt during the journey cause I don't blame Jaskier for what happened and he seems to be the only one who respects me as a grown woman besides you ofcourse," I sighed.

Yennefer introduced me to her knight known as Sir Eyck and I felt Roach shoving me so I fed her a carrot I carried normally for Dorian who was back with my mother.

"Hi Roach, I've missed you," I smirked.

"Bloody hell, you prefer the horse over me...I'm absolutely offended," Jaskier stated.

"It's nice to see you as well," I smiled.

I walked away to meet with Sir Eyck and Yennefer as we continued our journey as we ate some hirika which Sir Eyck killed when one of the Reavers tried to capture my attention.