[03] Light Within Darkness

"Ah. Need a hand? I've got two. One for each of the, uh, devil's horns," bard said.

"Go away," Geralt said.

"I won't be but silent backup," he smiled.

"You're barking at the wrong tree, bard," I warned.

"Look, I heard your note and yes, you're right, maybe real adventures would make better stories and you two smell chock-full of them," bard explained.

"I like you.....you're persistent at bettering your craft," I complemented.

"Thank you, Valyria," he said.

He continued the conversation and I looked at Geralt when the bard called him the Butcher of Blaviken.

"Geralt, don't," I whispered.

"Come here," Geralt said.

"Yeah?"

He punches the bard in the abdomen as we kept on walking to hunt this mysterious creature.

"Was that really necessary?" I questioned.

"Hm," Geralt grunted.

"Ofcourse it was," I sighed.

We made it to Dol Blathanna as the elves called it, according to the bard who kept following us.

"I apologize for Geralt's broodness.....he's not one for conversations," I apologized.

"How did you become a Witcher anyways?" The bard asked.

"That story comes with complications which unfortunately is held hostage with my mother.....all I know is that it was either being a Witcher for the rest of my life or death," I stated.

"Thank goodness you became a Witcher, Valyria.....otherwise I would be stuck talking to Geralt," he smirked.

"You'll probably be seen as a madman," I joked.

We continue to search for the beast on foot when Geralt was nearly hit by some small cannonball.

"Shxt!"

"Geralt, are you okay?" I asked.

"Act Two begins! What was that? Looks like a tiny cannonball from a.....oh my gosh," Jaskier said.

"Prepare yourself," Geralt warned.

"Geralt, Valyria.....it is a devil," Jaskier said.

He was knocked out by another tiny cannonball so I took out my dagger while Geralt checked it out himself.

"Leave Me Be!!!"

This sylvan attacked Geralt from out of nowhere so I put away my dagger as he took it down so I used my magic to hold the sylvan.

"You talk?!"

"Ofcourse I talk!"

"What happened to you? Your mother fvcked a goat?" Geralt questioned.

"Really?!" I scoffed.

"I am Torque the Sylvan, a rare and intelligent creature!"

"I've only read about you in books; I'm surprised that you even exist," I mentioned.

Torque would rip a piece of Geralt's hair which only angered Geralt even more.

"Did your mother fvck a snowman?!" Torque shouted.

"You're a dick. With balls," Geralt added.

Suddenly, I was hit from behind and I woke up in some cave, tied up between Geralt and Jaskier.

"This is the part where we escape," Jaskier said.

"This is the part where they kill us!" Geralt hissed.

"Who???"

Then, the elves entered the room in which the female elf kicked Geralt in the face while saying something in her language while the male elf grabbed Jaskier's lute to toy with him.

"Elves!" Geralt responded.

"Wait, that's my lute! Give that back! Geralt, do your witchery thing!" Jaskier begged.

The female elf said something again in her native speech.

"My elder speech is rough...I only got a part of that," Jaskier sighed.

"Humans shut up," female elf said.

He finally said something in their native speech which triggered her to react.

"Do you want to die right now?" She asked.

"As opposed to later," Geralt groaned.

"Geralt stop it!" I hissed.

The female elf hit Geralt and Jaskier multiple times before she hit me for speaking.

"Leave off! He's just a bard and don't you EVER touch her again," Geralt stated.

The female elf began to punch Geralt repeatedly while the male elf broke Jaskier's lute.

"You don't deserve the air you breathe.....everything you touch, you destroy!" Female elf said.

She continued the beating on Geralt and he held my hand tightly as I knew he was in pain.

"You hide in your golden palaces....you beat a bound man, too scare to even look him in the eye!" Jaskier shouted.

"Do you like my palace? Hm, does it live up to the tale you humans tell?" Female elf questioned.

Geralt headbutted the female elf as she fell back, struggling to breathe and Torque came in with another elf.

"Wait....what's-what's wrong with her?" Jaskier asked.

"She's sick!"

"Who's this?!" Jaskier asked.

"He's Filavandrel, king of the elves," Torque said.

"Not a king! Not by choice," Filavandrel stated.

Geralt kept talking with the king until he noticed my dagger.

"Who does this belong to?" Filavandrel questioned.

"It's mine," I said.

"No wonder Drautos wanted me to create this dagger," he whispered.

He looked at me, then Geralt before letting us go and we were off to another adventure with Jaskier who came along.