Chapter 16: Imposter's Plot

Optimus's POV

I drove quietly towards the base as Alias snored loudly.

We had drove out here to get some peace. Miko had been playing really loud music. On the way, I saw an old energon mine and found a large chunk.

Alias was working on her computer for a while. She got back to work with helping Agent Henkerson again. But she fell asleep a little while ago and I headed back.

I saw the base ahead and drove in quietly, but everyone turned around and stared at me.

I slowed down and transformed, shifting Alias onto my neckcables.

She hummed quietly and stopped snoring.

"Is something wrong?" I asked everyone as they kept staring at me.

"We were just wondering where you have been." Arcee said slowly.

"We weren't able to reach you." Bulkhead added.

"Yes, we were out of communication range." I told them in confusion before reaching to-

They all pulled out their blasters and pointed them at me.

"In a subterranean energon deposit." I added, showing them the energon.

Why was everyone so tense? What was going on?

"Come on, it's Optimus. Can't you tell?" Jack asked.

"Look, Alias is even with him." Miko added.

"Unconscious." Agent Fowler said suspiciously.

"She's sleeping." I exclaimed with a low voice.

Arcee, Bulkhead, and Bumblebee shared looks before lowering their weapons.

"We're... sorry." Arcee told me.

I kind of just looked at her in confusion.

"Don't blame them Optimus. I was attacked earlier by a big rig with a striking resemblance to you." Agent Fowler said.

"Well, it definitely wasn't Optimus." Alias suddenly said from my shoulder. "I was with him the whole time."

"Did I wake you up?" I asked her.

She shrugged, "My computer was beeping. Probably Agent Henkerson."

I nodded and looked back over to the others as she sat up and began to type on her computer.

"Um... guys?" She asked.

"Yes?" I asked as I walked over to Agent Fowler so he could explain the situation.

"There is a military base being attacked by your twin Optimus. And it's a bot, not a truck." She told me.

Agent Fowler's phone began to ring and he looked down at it.

"She's right." He told us before answering it.

"Alias, activate the groundbridge." I told her and it was opened quickly.

I set her down on Ratchet's work table before rolling through.

Multiple helicopter were flying around and attacking a bot who looked just like me, but was a little darker in color and had yellow optics.

It spotted us and transformed, driving quickly away.

Suddenly, three helicopters started shooting at us.

"Time to go?" Bumblebee guessed.

I nodded and we ran back through the groundbridge into base.

Someone shut it down.