chapter thirty three

The news of Voldermort's return hit like wildfire for the remaining students in Hogwarts, with his return came the arrest of his followers that were caught at the Ministry.

She had been surprised that Monday morning when her father's name was written in bold ink as one of the arrested, but the looks that were thrown away after that weren't as surprising.

The ending days at the school were quiet, it seemed as if nobody was sure whether to move or speak. She was blind to the way several people had approached Harry since the news of Voldermort's return struck. She had watched as people apologized for it believing him, it only twisted the pain that crossed his face even more.

Winnie had felt more despair and fear in those following weeks than she has ever before, making every moment more agonzining than the next.

She wished to stab everyone who approached Harry, but most of all, she wished to stab herself for not telling him the truth. A while had gone by, and not once had Dumbledore made any sign of telling Harry. Leaving her forced to hear about how much Harry newly despised her cousin, or be on the receiving end of his anger burst.

It was the reason why she stood in the Astronomy tower now. She had returned from visiting Hermione in the Hospital Wing, ( the brunette had earned a fairly wide scar across her ribcage due to Dolohov. ) only to enter a screaming match with the temperamental Harry Potter about her cousin.

Worst of all, Winnie couldn't even blame him too much.

Warm summer breeze trailed on her bare skin, she had been too warm to wear her uniform that day. Leaving her in a pair of denim shorts, with a blue, puffy sleeved floral shirt over her chest. Her hair laid in twisted braids against her shoulders, fingers tracing the silver brand of her ring on her index finger. Turning her head over her shoulder, she watched as Theo came into view.

He came to stand beside her, dressed in a blue dress shirt that was rolled up to the edges of his elbows. A deep brown leather bag strapped over his shoulders, with his top tucked into his ebony slacks. She wondered for a moment how he always seemed to dress like he was attending a business meeting, the only thing that was off about him was the messy strands of his hair.

He didn't speak, instead just leaned against the railing with her. Eyes focusing out on the darkening skies as daylight turned into darkness, orange and red hues filling the once bright blue sky. She shifted, leaning so her back leaned back against the walls of the tower, eyes facing the sunlight. Warmth pelted down onto her skin, and for a moment, she breathed in a content sigh.

"We leave tomorrow," he announced, speaking finally as she glanced over at him. Seeing his eyes stare closely down at his feet, despite his put together appearance, he radiated anything but that. With his hands tucked into his pockets, and arms shoulders hunched together in tension. His green eyes stayed clouded, just like it had been for days now, there was a dull nagging in the pit of her stomach. Tasting like fear and burning like hatred.

Ever since the news of his father getting arrested it has all she has gathered from him.

Deep down inside of her, the rational thoughts and need to pull away from him completely still nagged restlessly at her. She yearned to tell him to run to Millie, that it would be safer that way than the alternative.

But she couldn't, she couldn't bear it, not when he looked like a lost puppy. Not when her heart sagged like an overflowed boat weighing down the weight of all rational thoughts and replacing it altogether.