Chapter 4- Cleaning

Xingchen nodded, "He used to come to Master every once in a while, he told us a lot about you. Then one day he never came, we got news that he and his wife were dead."
Xue Yang looked at him in shock, "What...?"
"We tried looking for you but never found you," Xingchen said before letting his head fall on Song Lan's shoulder. He looked at the man with a smile, "Zichen, you look...handsome."
Song Lan looked at him with a flustered face, "N-no I don't."
Xingchen frowned, "You do, even Ah-Yang agrees."
Xue Yang nodded, "My Lan-ge looks very handsome." He smiled and helped Xingchen lay down on the bed, "Sleep a little bit, my love." He whispered.
Xingchen nodded before closing his eyes and falling asleep.
Song Lan looked at him with fond eyes before looking up at Xue Yang, "You think I'm handsome?"
Xue Yang nodded, "Of course I do, we all know you're handsome." He poked the man's cheek, "You and Xing-ge are very handsome."
Song Lan looked as if he didn't believe it, "Okay."
"Why would we ever lie?" Wei Ying said, speaking for the first time.
"Yeah! We are righteous cultivators who never lie unless necessary!" Xue Yang said with a smile.
They all laughed a bit, before Song Lan looked down at Xingchen's sleeping face. He reached a hand out and gently touched the man's head.
  "You want to lay down?" Xue Yang asked.
  Song Lan looked at him, "Can I?"
   "Of course you can," Xue Yang said, "just be careful you don't fall off."
  Wei Ying watched as the man helped his lover lay down and hug Xingchen. He smiled a bit, the bittersweet feeling in his chest.
  He wished he could have a lover. Someone to hug and kiss and take care of. Someone to love.
  Xue Yang turned to him, "Do you want to drink more or go to sleep?"
  "I'll drink a little bit more, you can sleep though," Wei Ying said.
  "I'll drink a bit," Xue Yang said. He sat down and brought the jar to his lips, drinking a bit.
  They drank in silence, enjoying each other's company. Eventually, Wei Ying spoke, "Do you think we can build a sect?"
  "I don't see why not, we have skills."
  "I guess, but what if nobody wants to join?"
  "Who wouldn't want to join a new clan to prove their skills and abilities?" Xue Yang pointed out.
  "You're right," Wei Ying said with a small nod.  
"Then it's settled, we can build a sect," Xue Yang said. "Besides, you already read that book, so you know a bit more on how to do it."
Wei Ying smiled before taking another sip of the alcohol. The two drank and admired the scenery outside through he window.
It was beginning to get dark and the moon was in a crescent phase. The stars were barely visible but they were still there, shining in the sky. They could hear the sounds of people talking and kids laughing and screaming as they played.
  This is the moment where Wei Ying realized, he was happy. He was happy living. In the Burial Mounds he felt that there was no reason to live if getting hurt was the only thing in life.
  But now he saw that there was more to life than pain. There was beauty and happiness. There was sunsets and sunrises. Love and friendship.
   Wei Ying felt as if he could live forever in this moment. Just sitting there. With his friends and some alcohol.
  He let go of his thoughts and turned to Xue Yang who was staring lovingly at his lovers. "We should go to sleep."
  "Yeah," Xue Yang nodded in response. He helped Wei Ying clean up before going to lay down next to his lovers.
  Wei Ying looked at them for a moment before smiling and leaving the room. Maybe one day he'll get that love.

  The next day they began cleaning the mansion. They all worked by themselves in separate rooms and would move on to another room after finishing.
  They all worked hard and took breaks every once in a while to eat and rest. It took them about half a day to finish with three quarters of the house.
  Knowing there was only little left to clean they took a longer break. Wei Ying sat in the library reading a few books about the history of the clans.
   He got a bit bored after reading so decided to take out his dizi. He began playing a song. A song that only him and another person knew.
  The man played the song a few times before stopping and leaning on the wall. He sighed and looked at his dizi, he knew he could attract more resentful energy but he didn't care.
  Wei Ying knew he could control the spirits perfectly well, so he didn't mind if they appeared.
  While he was in the Burial Mounds he grew used to spirits being around him and bothering him. He eventually got used to the screaming on his dreams and the bloody scenes he witnessed.
  He felt as if nothing could phase him now. He felt as if he had become an immortal who can control anything. He felt powerful and unbeatable.
  Although there was a lot he could learn, he felt fine for now. All he needed was someone to teach him more of what he needs to learn.