Chapter 8

Geno's POV

"Geno. ...We need to talk."

I didn't turn around to face Reaper. He sounded serious this time, but I didn't want to talk right now either. I was still thinking of the damage I caused to Chaos. They were probably in critical condition for a so called god by now. And with what I practically just did hours earlier? Yeah for a normal person it would be death. And if I wanted Chara immobilized, I would have to make sure they were in coma and not dead. I made the last details of my plan earlier and I felt almost ready to start. There was only one thing missing though.

"Geno." He was closer now. Probably right behind me if I looked.

"What?"

"I should've addressed this sooner but what was that? You started acting like a different person. Almost like you were trying to put fear into them." He sat in front of me. Concern, worry, and something else was on his face as he looked at me.

I went back to the memory of me and her fighting. Her face when she realized she couldn't heal and I held back everything. The terror of when I held her in front of me. My last words to her. And if I was being honest, I enjoyed it all. That feeling of power and control, knowing that they would eventually fall and once they were outside would feel pain. The only thing was her question. That one question is what has been on my mind as it continues to consume it and leave more questions than answers.

"I don't know what that was but...I liked it. I felt powerful. I felt in control of the outcome that she would face. I felt the need to let her know that everything she did would all be in vain. I made her know that she was the toy being played with and not me," I told Reaper feeling a small crazed smile form before turning into a frown. "It felt almost right to do so. And if I had kept going I wouldn't have been satisfied with it." I didn't see his face in case I saw something I didn't want to see.

That feeling felt addicting and I wanted to experience it again. The feeling of having total control of the end no matter how the story goes. Was this how Chara feels? Knowing in the end their attempts would all be futile and in vain. Knowing that no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't do a single damn thing to change it. I realized what that could mean if used for the wrong purpose. I didn't want that. I didn't want to put harm to those who would get in the crossfire if it happened. "I don't think I want to lose myself in it or else it could end in disaster. And I don't want you or anyone else for that matter to get caught in it if I ever do," I muttered kinda hoping Reaper didn't hear.

"Geno, If that did ever happen I would do whatever I could to get you out of that feeling. I wouldn't want you or anyone else to get hurt. But...are you doing that to Chara?" Looks like he heard.

"Yes. Maybe not as severe but enough that when we're out she's too tired and in pain to move. I don't want to cause any unneeded damage that could cause a reset."

I heard a sigh come from him. He seemed hesitant about saying something. "Hey, need something?" I asked.

"...When are you initiating your plan?" he asked.

"Hopefully within the next week. There's only one thing I need to fully think through if it happens."

"That being...?"

"Sticking around or leaving. " I noticed his expression become sad.

"Oh."

"I have a plan for both, each thought through, but it's just choosing which action to take that seems to be hard." I explained.

"Why?"

"If I chose to finally die with the rest of the timeline then I leave everyone and rest after all this shit and not worry about it."