Chapter 14

3rd POV

Drip

Drip

Drip

The same dripping sound echoed loud and clear in the darkness. Half of its inhabitants searching for the cause hoping to stop it before something else happened. The others didn't care. They were stuck here for eternity and didn't exactly have the drive to care or act unless a miracle decided to blossom through.

A long forgotten god was part of the first half. Has been since the dripping noise started. He knew that this crisis was on a multiversal scale and if the source wasn't found soon they were doomed. He was sure he had a dream about this before, a vision of sorts. But of course, like the fool he was, decided to disregard it as another illusion that the mind conjured up.

That was centuries ago. Though it felt more like eons in this voided hell.

Paying the price now he goes on to find the source. Walking? Gliding? Who knows, he doesn't. What he does is that the hole needs to be patched. The bone that made it is long gone. The monster that did it? Another mystery.

Solve later. The hole needs to be found first.

The sound level stayed the same. Taunting them of their search as if it were alive. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. They wouldn't know until later... or would they? Their fates are unknown and destiny is running a few side errands. Time? Not sure how long they all have, but they know that it's slowly running thinner yet thinner. The longer the search the stronger it gets. Pray to Asgore it doesn't tear the seams of these worlds.

Drip

Drip

Drip

*Yet You Can Only Watch As It Unfolds*

It stopped.

-In Another AU-

It was a peaceful day as Papyrus and Geno talked. With a few minutes to spare before his shift, Papyrus thought it'd be a good idea to familiarize himself with the monster his brother had become relatively close to. He soon learned Reaper had fallen for the guy within the first hour of meeting him; mainly from the way his brother looked at Geno. Honestly he was surprised that Geno hasn't caught on just yet since he seemed a bit more observant. Unless he has but isn't sure about it or doesn't know how to bring it up. Either way it was obvious of the relationship that could bloom and he was all in for it.

Speaking of his brother, Reaper was looking out of the window brooding. He had zoned out of the conversation a bit ago and decided to wonder in his mind. Soon recounting the last few weeks with what went down in his AU and Geno. Chaos's reaping had been successful so she was no longer a problem and all they had to do was clean up their mess. Geno gave him anxiety since he practically banned anyone and everyone from entering, not sure how though. He was just glad that the other decided to stay around with him with the Save Screen surprisingly still intact. Reaper did wonder how Geno managed to override Chara's DETERMINATION, after all it was what kept the whole timeline resetting. He'll question it later.

There was suddenly a pit in his stomach. A feeling of dread building up like an ever growing mountain, as if something bad was gonna happen. Everything was fine at the moment so what could it be? Probably telling the other gods about Geno. Shoot-they need to tell the others before some monster tries to reap him.