Chapter 4

As soon as she approached her siblings she saw Edric covering his mouth in an attempt to suppress a squeal "I can't believe you kissed him!" 

"Yeah, I'm with Ed on this one. I thought you were just going to kiss him on the cheek," noted Amity sounding surprised. 

She couldn’t believe it herself. She never would have imagined that this would be what her first kiss would be like. She had planned on just kissing Hunter on the cheek but then she thought that this might be the only chance she would get to do it. That was all she needed to get the courage to kiss him. 

"Well, you know what mom always says, you should always take full advantage of every opportunity. Besides, after all the punishment you had to go through to get me that opportunity I couldn't just let it go to waste," she said, patting Amity on her head.  "Thanks by the way to both of you. You're the best siblings ever." 

She still could not believe that they had arranged this with Luz and her friends. She wasn’t sure if the game they played was a real human game or if it was something they made up on the spot just to help her get closer to Hunter. Either way, she was glad they had suggested it.

"We know," responded Edric confidently. "By the way did you see his face? I thought he was going to pass out. You seriously did a number on him," he said, with a hint of pride. His plan had worked a lot better than he could have imagined. He still couldn't believe how bold his sister had been. He couldn't imagine being able to do the same if he had been in her situation. But this was to be expected of Emira. She was a lot more confident than he was. 

Just thinking about the look on Hunter's face after she kissed him made her smile. "I think he stopped breathing after the kiss," she said looking back to where Hunter was standing, still looking stunned. She smiled at him before turning back to her siblings. 

"So are you going to ask him out on a date?" teased Edric. "Oh make sure you get his contact information before we go."

"Hey where is he going?" asked Amity looking past her sister to where Luz and Hunter had been. Luz quickly made her way to them after failing to get Hunter's attention. 

"What happened?" asked Emira. She had gotten to see how Hunter walked out with his head and shoulders slumped. Was he upset? 

"Um I may or may not have teased him a little and he didn't take it so well," muttered Luz playing with her hands and not making eye contact with either of the siblings. 

The three shared a concerned look before Emira placed a hand on Luz's head and said "don't worry I'll go talk to him ok? If anything he might be upset with me for stealing a kiss from him," she said with a wink. 

“Good luck, try not to kill him,” shouted Ed after her. She just rolled her eyes and made her way out of the owl house.

Hunter had sat down at the edge of the cliff to let the scenery and the silence of the night settle his mind. He was so lost in his thoughts that he hadn't noticed the foot steps approaching him from behind. It wasn't until she had taken a seat next to him that he noticed Emira had followed him outside. 

"Hey," she said with a smile that almost made Hunter forget all of his worries. Oh titan why did it have to be her? 

"Hey," he responded, looking away as if that would keep her from hearing his thoughts or how hard his heart was pounding. Even knowing that the time they had spent together that night didn’t mean anything to her it still meant everything to him. He couldn’t just stop having feelings for her. This was all still so new to him. It was overwhelming. 

"Are you ok? You ran out of there pretty quick," she asked, looking right at him trying to figure out what he was thinking. Was he trying to avoid her?