Chapter 5: Interesting career offer

After several minutes of Pen screaming directions into my ear as I disregard most street safety rules, we make it to what looks like an inconspicuous parking lot.

Pen: Oh, we made it, thank the Gods...! The club is just over there to the left.

Parking the bike by the door, I hop off and help him into the bar. We pass through the first doors, but there is a second pair beyond that with a guy dressed exactly like Pen, but with red sunglasses. Must be a uniform thing. He looked like he was about to talk, but stops as he sees the state Pen is in. Without a word, he opens the doors and lets us through. How nice of him.

As we enter, we are greeted by a cacophony of noise. Music thumps through the air as conversation and laughter are barely heard. Appreciating the free tinnitus, I scan the surprisingly large room that we are now in. The majority of people are located on a large dance floor, surrounded by glass pillars and multiple tables for the more lazy party goers near the walls.

Focusing back to the injured man in my arms, I spot more suits standing about, looking over the dance floor. I wave for the nearest ones' attention as I walk Pen over to them. One of them notices us, pats a buddy next to him and points at our direction. They both immediately jog over to us and take him off my hands, each taking an arm of his and sling it over their shoulders. As they take him off to God knows where, Pen turns his head towards me.

Pen: Again, thank you. Just wait a minute by the bar, ok?

Without another word, they walk off until they disappear in a crowd of patrons and fellow suits. Leaving me to just stand around to the sound of crappy dubstep. Deciding why not, I do as Pen says and make my way to the bar. Resisting the urge to bust a move, I walk past the dance floor and spot the bar just on the otherside, a few club goers hanging around with drinks in hand.

Finding an empty stool, I sit down. As I look around for the bartender, I realize I don't have any money........ I should probably get up.

As I'm about to, I overhear a guy next to me, obviously drunk, trying to flirt with some chick who is not even giving him the time of day. The half assed flirting turns to demanding to hook up, as the douche starts getting touchy feely. The girl is definitely not interested in any of this as she tries to shove him off. I just get up and walk behind the guy. Without a word, I grab him by the shoulder, spin him around, and sucker punch him in the face. A meaty thump is heard over the music as he immediately falls unconscious in his stool. Blood leaks from his nose as he just sits there with an agaped mouth.

I simply sit back in my seat as I see the bartender, who is wearing the same suit as everyone else, walks over to me as he eyeballs the douche I knocked out.

Bartender: Thanks for that. The bouncers decided to take a piss at the same time. So, what do you need?

(Y/n): Uhm...

I pat down my pockets to see if I have anything. Finding nothing, I get an idea as I turn to the unconscious douche to my side and spot a bulge in his pants. Deciding to take a gamble at being gay, I reach into his pockets and pull out a wallet. Opening it up, I find a fair amount of money and pull it out, tossing the wallet on the dude's lap. Counting my new money, I pull out a ten Lien bill and pocket the rest.

(Y/n): Whatever a ten can get me.

I place the bill in front of the bartender. Ignoring the fact I just robbed someone, he takes the money and walks off to get me a drink.

(3rd p.o.v.)

Within a backroom office, sits the owner of Junior's club. A fairly burly individual in a white dress shirt and black vest by the name of Hei Xiong, also known as Junior, looks over some papers detailing his business practices over the last year. So far... he's borderline fucked. With the decrease in certain 'side job' opportunities, and the loss of every man he loan to Roman Torchwick awhile ago, the Xiong Family is barely hanging on even with the club still up and running. Plus, the taxes he's forced to pay to keep the club open certainly doesn't help... Xiong Senior would definitely turn in his grave from all this.