Chapter 7

"How could you not tell me Luca was your uncle?" Maya questioned Chase in the backseat of the car as they were driving back to HQ.

"I was airing on the side of mystery." Chase smiled.

"Yeah that's how you know so much about me." Maya whispered back.

"Or maybe you told me all I needed to know." Chase said.

Maya rolled her eyes, yeah right or Uncle Luca, runs his mouth to much.

"Maya Mari, I said no talking." Hondo said as he drove looking back in the mirror daring Maya to try him on this.

"Sorry." Maya said as she turned and looked put the window. Anyone else she would have probably ignored but she knew her father did not PLAY and she was not looking to feel the end of Hondo's belt today, especially because she knew she had gotten off easy at the diner.

Once they made it back into HQ, Maya had come face to face with some pretty pissed off adults.

"Maya- OH MY GOSH. I thought something had happened." Her mother said as she hugged her. She had melted into her arms.

She looked away, if there is one person she absolutely hated disappointing, it was her mother. She also hated the disappointment that her mother's Latin spoon roots held too whenever she had done something she wasn't suppose to.

"I'm sorry mommy." She cried in she mother's arms as Jessica swept her into her office, she closed the door behind Maya.

"Don't baby her Jessica

"Don't baby her Jessica." Hondo warned his wife, as he knew Maya was more than capable of playing on her heart strings to the extent of making her believe she could do no wrong.

"Are you telling me how to parent my daughter?" Jessica countered back. Those bystanders who were around knew this was nothing more than family discussion and steered clear. That was until one pissed Uncle Deac, joined the conversation, along with Street.

"Where is she?" Deac demanded. Jessica sighed not only did she have her husband wanting her daughters head but now her uncle.

"Uncle Deacon calm down." Street said, clearly knowing his sister had gotten herself into a world of trouble.

"Rule number one." Deacon said to the three other people who were there.

Street sighed. He knew his sister had really done it now. Rule number one- never EVER go untraceable without at-least ONE member of the family knowing your whereabouts. If by any means this rule was broken it was an instant paddling, Deacon, the one who made up the rule, was usually the one to enforce it.

Street tried to come to her rescue. "Phone location being on counts as someone knowing."

"She deliberately turned it off, right before she left." Deacon countered.