♡ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎 ♡

NEW YORK CITY

NEW YORK CITY.

The city of light.

The city of possibility.

The city where you can spot Keanu Reeves on the subway.

The city where all your dreams come true.

This was true for many people, but not so true if you didn't have an absurd amount of money and could afford to live in Brooklyn or the Upper East side. And neither was it the case if you grew up there- learning the ins and outs of the subways and how the grid system of the streets worked. For most kids, it was just the place you called home.

No glamour, just home.

And that's just what it was for 17-year-old Peter Parker. There wasn't much glamour growing up in Queens, the lesser known but ultimately largest borough of NYC. While he didn't see many celebrities like those living in Manhattan, Peter had quite a fondness for the area where his aunt and uncle lived.

Sure, the city was crowded and loud at times, but people always minded their business. No one wanted anything more to do with you than you did with them. And for an introvert like Peter, this was all
the better.

He had other things to occupy his mind rather than the busy street; The debate team, for example. Peter didn't care much for debate (given that meant you had to actually speak up), but even he knew the real reason why he had joined.

And he was looking at her picture right now as he pinned it to the bulletin board, a dazed look in his eyes.

WHACK!

The hollow sound of a basketball hitting the side of his head drew the teen away from his concentration. A few laughs could be heard.

"Sorry," the culprit apologized, not looking the least bit remorseful as his goons laughed behind him.

"Morning, Flash." Peter nodded his head, an annoyed look on his face.

Flash Thompson.

Midtown High's resident asshole.

He was impeccable on the basketball court but not so much anywhere else.

"Good morning, Parker," the taller boy grinned, making sure to make Peter flinch before heading down the hall. The brunette groaned before picking up his board and going the other way.

He made sure to keep his head down- no eye contact. Don't engage. Get through the day. The floor is the most interesting thing in this school.

"Hey! It's Peter, right?" A soft voice tore his gaze from the linoleum floor. A pretty, brown-haired girl with shiny lipgloss and a pink tank top stopped him in his tracks.

He stuttered a moment, "mhm."

"I really like your photos," she smiled up at him through her eyelashes; a little shine from her gold necklace glinted in his eye.