♡ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 ♡

NOT GONNA MESS THIS UP

Not gonna mess this up.

Peter kept repeating that mantra to himself as he crossed the many streets to the large glass building. He gazed up at it, its height almost overwhelming.

Ivy had told him to meet her in the lobby and not to talk to anyone or draw attention to himself. Something he was reasonably good at. As he entered, he noticed the swarm of business-like people shuffling in and out. He looked around, desperate to see if he could find the girl.

No such luck.

He kept looking around, clearly giving off the vibe that he had no idea what he was doing.

"Excuse me," a woman behind the lobby desk addressed him.

"What?" Peter nervously looked at her.

"Can I help you?"

The boy stuttered, walking up to the desk and leaning against it.

"I'm um... I'm here to see Dr. Connors..."

"Right. You'll find yourself to the left."

Peter stared blankly, having no idea what she could mean. He looked to the left, noticing badges with names on them.

"You are here for the internship, aren't you?" She eyed him.

"Yeah... Yeah..." he nodded profusely.

"Okay, you'll find your badge to the left."

The boy nervously gazed among the names. He could feel his heart racing and his palms start to sweat.

"Are you having trouble finding yourself?" The woman raised an eyebrow.

"No..." he said unconvincingly.

The woman creased her eyebrows, looking at him with suspicion in her eyes.

"If you're not here for the internship, then..."

"Flash!" Another voice sounded from behind them. Ivy ran up quickly, placing her hand on Peter's shoulder. "There you are! The tour is about to begin!"

He stared at her blankly, not catching on at all.

"Do you know him?" The woman behind the desk asked.

"Yes. He's my brother, Flash Thomson," Ivy answered quite convincingly.

"Thanks for the information," she said sarcastically. "His badge should be to be left."

Ivy quickly reached over and grabbed the badge; her own was clipped to the front of her jacket. She then grabbed Peter by the arm, dragging him away.

"I told you not to talk to anyone," she scolded.

"She started talking to me!" Peter defended.

"Whatever, here..." the girl clipped the badge to his jacket. He looked down at the name, his eyebrows creasing.