♡ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 ♡

CURT CONNORS

CURT CONNORS.

Oscorp.

Curt Connors.

Oscorp.

These were the only words replaying through Peter's head as he navigated his way around the school. So much had happened last night- so much information swimming through his brain.

It was that briefcase. The one that belonged to his dad. Inside, he found an old file and notebooks, all containing work on something called the "decay algorithm." And among the old papers and calculators, Peter found a photo.

His dad was standing next to another man in a white lab coat. One thing that seemed almost impossible to ignore was the fact that the man was missing an arm.

Ben told him that man was named Curt Connors, and he worked with Peter's dad. After his parents died, Curt seemingly disappeared. No call. No word.

Oscorp was the only lead Peter had. The only lead that-...

"Watch where you're going!" The voice of Flash Thompson pulled Peter out of his thoughts. He hadn't realized that he accidentally collided with the manic basketball player until it was too late.

"Sorry..." Peter mumbled, too dazed to start anything. He ducked out of the way of the other teen but was stopped when his shoulder was grabbed.

Flash looked at him, an unreadable expression in his eyes. Peter swallowed the lump in his throat, unsure if he should just run and avoid yet another fight.

"Nice face," Flash gestured sarcastically to the shorter boy's bruised complexion. He then pushed Peter aside, stomping down the hall.

He was stunned, almost certain Flash would've tried to pick yet another fight. But no. Something sure was different.

"Weird," Peter mumbled to himself as he resumed his trek to class. He had Advanced Scientific Theory next. He prayed he remembered his textbook.

Upon arriving, he glanced briefly at the stunning image of Gwen before he took his usual seat. He also turned his head slightly to catch a glimpse of that weird girl from yesterday. She was in the back, propping her head up with her hand and listening to her music.

His teacher stood before them, passing out a stack of paper to the rows of teens. "Today, we will be starting a project..."

The class audibly groaned.

"Now, now. I'm sure you'll all find this interesting. As usual, the New York City College System, or the 'CUNY' system, holds a yearly science exhibition for upcoming S.T.E.M students. Students are required to present a project at the exhibition for recognition and potential recruitment for the programs at these colleges. It is a wonderful opportunity for those of you considering a career in S.T.E.M. Now, I realize many of you could care less about a career in the sciences, nevertheless, our class will be doing the project promptly for a grade..." she explained.