Night Twelve

Jake was jumping on top of me to wake me up the following morning. "Jake! Jake!" I grabbed him to stop him from hurting me. "Relax, buddy. You're really hurting me." I sat up, and he was still grinning like a child on Christmas.

"I can't help it. It's Christmas! I'm happy to see you here, too. Best Christmas present I could've asked for." He was still bouncing a little bit.

I threw off the sheets I was buried under all night long. "Let's go to the tree then, so we can see if there's a present you might like more."

"I dunno. You'll have to try pretty damn hard." I started walking out to the tree with him, wondering for a moment if I could take the anticipation. How would he take my idea for a gift? Would it piss him off? I could never be sure. 

Once we were at the tree, I pointed up. "Look at that." Jake looked up, seeing the mistletoe I'd hung there while he'd been sleeping. 

"Johnnie, why did you-?" I cut him off my putting my arms around him. I didn't kiss him, not at first. I just stared into his eyes, hoping desperately that this made up for everything. I hoped that he would forgive me for every cruel thing I'd said to him, even if I wasn't the only one in the wrong. Then I kissed him. It was quick, sweet, and over before Jake could to too much about it. When I was about to pull away, he pulled me back in to kiss him. "You were right, there was a much better present out here. You didn't have to do this for me."

"I wanted to. I guess I just wasn't ready to feel loved again. Jake, I know now that all I could ever ask for is to be loved by you."

Jake smiled, his cheeks flushing a little bit. "T-thanks. Merry Christmas, Johnnie."

"Merry Christmas, Jake." 

------

TWC: 6064

Always and forever,
Davy Jones