Chapter 5

A bump hit her shoulder, and when his soft beard scratched her collarbone, she realized he was leaning over her. His hands caressed her outer thighs and the fabric became non-existent. The warm weight of his chest pressed the back of her shoulders.

His hands slowly moved up her body, shifting and pulling against the silk. After measuring her waist, he gently cupped her breasts in each hand.

Karen's tongue pressed against the back of her teeth, rendered motionless by the soft pressure of his touch. Tamir's head turned, and she felt the warm heat of his mouth blossom against the side of her neck.

"We will do this once," he breathed between kisses. He lowered his left hand from her heaving chest to her opposite hip and began turning her to face him. "We will get it out of our systems and be done. Yes?"

He snatched her up by her hips, holding her to him as he leaned forward and ran a warm wet tongue up the center of her throat.

Karen's pulse quickened as breath pushed through her lips. "Ye-"

Her response was cut off by his kiss.

Karen fell backward into the mass of silk and pillows, bringing Tamir with her, their limbs entwined in one another. A quiet, yearning passion spurned their movements as his tongue moved deftly into her mouth while the sinuous texture of his lips glided over hers.

He released some of the pressure of his kiss, allowing them both to deeply inhale before he returned, twice kissing her with a fleeting intensity that sent her hands reaching for the back of his neck.

But Tamir was beyond her reach, and she felt a tug at the sash around her waist.

She licked her lips, lowering her hands to her sides, and closed her eyes against the darkness.

The fabric made a soft tap against the pillows as it was pulled from her body. His hands parted the folds of the robe, but didn't touch her. And before she could become used to her skin being completely exposed to desert air, Tamir's mouth was on her breast.

None of his body weight held her down, but a moan was wrenched from between her teeth as his tongue skillfully worked to harden her nipple.

His chin stubble grazed her chest as he moved across to the other breast.

She thought she'd be ready for the familiarity of his touch, but still she gasped at the chill where the wetness of his mouth had been.

Tamir's large hands roamed over her stomach and hips, sliding between her lower back and the silken pillows.

Karen grasped at his wide shoulders before one of her hands sank deeply into his hair, holding him to her as his mouth plunged into her sensitive flesh.

She let her head fall to the side, her tongue pressed hard to the roof of her mouth to keep her moans at bay.

Sleek wisps of his hair escaped through her fingers as he lowered his body down hers.

Karen's eyes snapped open.

After kissing just to the right of her belly button, Tamir had stopped. "Are you nervous?"

The deeply accented voice vibrated against her stomach.

There was a hint of humor in his question, and he seemed to be waiting for an answer.

Karen's pelvis moved a fraction as she shifted her legs. "No, I'm fine."

"Hm." His eyebrow raised as he stared at her, a grin touching his lips.