CHAPTER TWENTY

chapter twenty ( 117 )

chapter twenty
( 117 )

Sofia was the first to arrive to the police station. She entered the main area and noticed three officers, including Noah Stilinski, examining a computer screen and a young Derek.

"Shit," she cursed under her breath and rushed up to the deputies.

"Noah," she greeted in a false tone. "Can we talk?"

Suddenly Stiles and Scott came skidding into the room. Stilinski looked over at the two with a sigh. Stiles awkwardly waved at his dad.

"I'll handle this," the officer said before marching into his office, Sofia, Stiles, and Scott closely behind.

"I want you to be honest with me. Absolutely and completely honest," Stilinski paused. "Have you been time traveling?"

"Hang on, what?" Stiles immediately said. Sofia tried to hold in her laughter at the older man.

"Because if time traveling is real, you know what? I'm done. I'm out. You're gonna be driving me to Eichen House."

"We found him like that," Scott interjected.

"Where? Swimming in the fountain of youth?" Sofia couldn't hide her laughter this time and was met with a glare from the Sheriff.

"No," Stiles protested. "We found him buried in a tomb of wolfsbane in an Aztec temple in Mexico underneath a church in the middle of a town that was destroyed by an earthquake." Scott closed his eyes and sharply inhaled at the boys words.

"You told me you were camping!" Stilinski whisper-yelled.

"Yeah, we were... in Mexico," Stiles scratched the back of his head at his words.

His dad was about to say something but Stiles spoke again, "At least we had parental supervision." The teen pointed to Sofia who sharply turned her head at his words.

"Parental? How old do you think I am?" She angrily questioned the boy. Stiles opened his mouth before closing it quickly.

"Derek's been aged backwards. He can't remember anything," Scott changed the subject.

"We just need to talk to him," Stiles told his dad.

The Sheriff sat down against his desk, "Yeah, well so far he's not talking to anybody."

"He'll talk to me," Scott looked out the window at the young boy.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰