--1--

Maybe you can call me lucky but I get to live with the most magical family in Encanto. Well I "live" there. I live anywhere, I just choose to be with the Madrigals.

Let me explain.

When I was 11, so around 4 years ago, I had climbed the roof of Casita, longing to see the magical candle everyone talked about. Of course I was curious, literally everyone in town talked about it's miracle.

When up close, the candle had marks and indents in it's wax, the glow making them so pretty. I couldn't help myself and I touched it. As soon as I did, I was blasted with a white light.

I woke up like this. Like a tabby cat.

So yes, I am the Madrigal's tabby cat, with no one knowing it was actually me.

I woke up this morning in Camilo's room, surprising me, he usually wants nothing to do with me. I stretched and then did what I did best, annoy people. I started scratching the door, longing to get out.

"Come on Mariposa." Dolores opened the door, letting me out. I meowed a thank you, Dolores squatting down to pet me. I purred and then ran off to see Mirabel. Hopefully I wasn't too late to hear her singing.

"My tía Pepa, her mood effects the weather! When she's unhappy, well the temperature gets weird." Mirabel tosses away her umbrella, the kids looking up at her wide eyed.

"My tío Bruno-" she was cut off by the chorus, "We don't talk about Bruno!" I rolled my eyes and went and sat infront of the kids.

"They say he saw the future, one day he disappeared." I looked up to Bruno's painting, now ignoring Mirabel. He seemed so.. angry? I don't know I just felt something. I moved a little closer, to get a better look.

"Get off the wall cat." I knew that voice. I wanted to tell Camilo off but I couldn't without exposing myself.

"You live with the family there's nothing to know." It was kinda disappointing that he didn't like me, before I became this version of myself, we used to be best friends, doing anything together.

He scoffed and ran before the upcoming Mirabel and Dolores could spot him.

"My cousin Dolores can hear a pin drop! Camilo shape shifts, Antonio gets his gift today!" The singing girl faded out as I sat there, enjoying pets from Antonio who ran over.

"Mariposa, I'm nervous." He confessed to me. I snuggled his cheek and he giggled. I've always enjoyed Antonio, he was one of the nicer people. (talking bout you Camilo.)

"I know you understand. I can feel it. Just like Mirabel!" I purred as he scratched behind my ears.

"Time to get ready!" Abuela Alma shouted. "Come on Mariposa!" I filled Antonio back to the house where everyone was getting ready for a perfect night.