{| 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒔 |}

8 years later...

Mando holds up the tracking fob in his hand as it continuously beeps, slowly turning against the frigid winds to pinpoint the strongest signal. His apprentice, turned partner, stands tall beside him scanning the flat terrain of Pagodon. The icy haze blurred the silhouettes of the distant ships and buildings in dark blue while the ones nearby had a visible layer of frost.

Once he located the quarry, he tapped his vambrace against hers to gain her attention and pointed ahead to the tavern where the fob blinked rapidly. They both walk down the trail path and stop before the entrance. Aniya steps to the side and leans against the wall of the building. She hears the automatic door slide open and watches Mando step into the bar, the door closing up behind him. She laps swiftly around the building ensuring there was only one exit and returns to her original spot, lifting her foot up and resting the bottom against the wall while checking her weapons along her belt, boots, and arms. Careful with the healing wound on her oblique from their previous bounty.

Crossing her arms, she waits.

The wind eventually dies down to a breeze, allowing her to listen to the commotion through the small, glass window above her head. She waits for another minute then pushes herself off the wall to stand in front of the entrance that conveniently opens to a Quarren running out. His squid eyes widened at her sudden presence and attempts to grab his blaster but her wrist was already extended, a tether cord wrapping around his legs.

Aniya grabs hold and yanks his feet from under him, sending him to the floor. Another cord wraps around the skin of his neck, pulling him back inside of the pub. He struggles and chokes while the black armored Mandalorian steps around his thrashing form and presses the button beside the door, slicing his body in half.

The bar was now silent and the occupants quickly went back to their drinks, avoiding eye contact with the Mandalorians. Except a Mythrol, who stared at them with awe and slight fear as they approached his table.

"Thank you-thank you. You both have my heartfelt gratitude." He nervously thanks, eyes flickering between their visors. They don't respond to his appreciation but instead stare at him unnervingly.

"You know what? Here." He slides his credits across the table. "You take my credits. Buy yourselves a drink."

Aniya reaches into her belt pouch and places down a bounty puck, activating the hologram.

"Is that a bounty puck?"

...

"Is that me?" He tries again but sighs at the persistent silence. "Look, there must be some mistake-I can get you more credits-" the Mythrol nervously rambles in an attempt to bargain with the two hunters.

"We can bring you in warm."

"Or we can bring you in cold." Multiple safety clicks were switched off threateningly.

The Mythrol didn't ponder on his decision, offering his wrists defeatingly to the Mandalorians and letting them drag him out of the cantina.

They walk back to the edge of the town where Mando negotiates for transportation to the outer yards. A whistle of a flute is blown and a modern transport arrives with a giddy R2 droid.

"No droids." Mando snips, expressing immediate distaste. The girl quietly sighs to herself. While she does sympathize and understand Din's resentment towards droids, it does sometimes lead them to more unnecessary work and or wasting necessary time. Nonetheless, she keeps it to herself as her visor follows the droid driving off into the distance solemnly only for a sputtering rustic speeder to replace it.