Flight 10: Restoring The Great Iron Bird

Date: 12.19.21

Y/N's POV

My mom drives to who knows where... I asked my mom where we are heading but she just tells me to be patient and I'll find out. I sighed and just stared at the front side window for who knows how long.

We finally stopped, she parked at a slot, I looked around to see that we were at some old country field which means we are in the middle of nowhere. I see a hangar with it's doors closed along with a rundown control tower.

There's a runway as well but weeds have grown through the cracks of the asphalt. It seems to be an abandoned airfield.

"Follow me." She instructed me and I nodded before we both got out of the car.

We kept on walking through the thick weeds and grass until we finally reached the hangar. My grandfather along with my father is at the entrance.

"What are we doing here?" I asked my father.

"We want to apologize for all the lies we have told you." My dad answered me and I sighed.

"It's fine, dad, it doesn't matter because I already failed, right?" I asked him and he shaked his head.

"Yes, you did fail the first time but you still got another shot at it." He replied to me which gained my interest.

"What do you mean?" I curiously asked him.

Him and my grandpa went to either side of the hangar door and at the same time slid it open all the way revealing a huge object all covered up with a sun cover. I can tell it's an old plane of some sorts but I don't know what it is.

"What is this?" I asked him.

"The only way to find out is to remove the covers. That's it." He answered me and I nodded.

I slowly got closer to the covers and I got a grip of it then pulled it out of the way which made my eyes widen at the sight that the covers were blocking.

(Ignore the people in the photo)

"I-Is that?!" I struggled to say but I couldn't, which made my dad chuckle.

"Of course, Y/N, it's the plane you've always dreamt of flying one day. Your grandfather's Corsair that he flew in the Pacific." My father answered me with a bright smile on his face.

I approached the old warbird, I touched the metal of the plane to feel it's history, however, the Corsair is in rough condition. It's covered in rust, the tires are worn out, the wing's flaps are busted, along with many other important components.

"Appa, I don't want to be rude but this is a plane not going to be able to fly anytime soon..." I sadly explained to him.

"That's why we are here to help!" I hear a female voice call to me and I turn around to see my sister along with my girlfriend Seungyeon which surprised me.