Breaking the rules

Patrick

I arrived at the class, and everyone got seated. Once the last student arrived, I asked them questions. Most of the class answered correctly because they read the material. A few didn't because they didn't bother. So, I assigned an essay.

After class ended, I waited until Rowan was the last person and stopped her. "I was wondering if you would help me."

"With what?"

"I need help with organizing the lesson plan and making sure I present the materials correctly."

"Are you asking me to assist you?"

"If you wouldn't mind?"

"Yeah, I can help you."

My lips curved upward.

"Let me know when and where."

"Okay."

Rowan left the classroom as I pumped my fist.

"Patrick?"

I stopped and straightened my body. "Yeah?"

"Would this evening be okay?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"I'll see you later."

I smiled as Rowan left. I gathered my stuff and headed to my next class. During my classes, my mind drifted to Rowan. It's been a long time since a girl captured my attention. After Camille, I didn't think I would find anyone. But Rowan proved me wrong.

After my last class, I ran home to get things ready. Once I got there, I set everything up.

Casper entered the house and stopped. "What are you doing?"

"Rowan is coming over to assist me with lesson plans." I set up the computer and thumbed through the paperwork.

*******
Casper

Well, shit. The front door opened, and I ran and closed it. Someone pounded on the door.

"Go away," I said in a trembled voice.

"Casper," Hayes said.

Patrick looked at me.

I raised a finger. "Excuse me while I get rid of this solicitor."

Patrick cocked his head and squinted his eyes.

I slipped through a crack of the door and closed it behind me. Hayes arched his brow.

"There's a change of plans."

"What change?"

"Your sister is coming over."

Hayes's eyes widened. "What do we do?"

"Well, we don't blow it for Pat."

Rafe and Romeo walked up to us. "What you doing?" Rafe asked.  

"We're playing charades. What the hell do you think we're going?" I asked.

"Acting like a jackass," Rafe said.

"That's Liam."

"Well, your dads are brothers." Rafe shrugged.

"Leave my pappy out of this."

"Can we go inside?" Romeo asked.

"No," I said.

"Why not?"

"Because Rowan is coming over to help Pat."

"Well, shit."

Val walked up with Leokadia. "What are you idiots doing?"