꒰⚘݄꒱2.1_______________getting older

┌───────────────────" 💭 „
GETTING OLDER
└➤ TRUE BEAUTY。✑

Things weren't that fun in the comic store. Seyoung had the worst night of her life. She cried in front of two of her best friends and puked out her black bean noodles in the store's bathroom and was driven home, by Suho, awkwardly, as Jihoon sat in the back seat.

"Suho, when did you learn how to drive?" Jihoon asked, being curious, his eyes round and wide.

"A year ago, why?" He asked. Seyoung was slightly shocked that Suho didn't respond to Jihoon's question with a bitter remark. After all, Suho was supposed to be cold hearted. Right?

"Just wondering. I want to get my license too but my wench of an aunt wouldn't send me to a driving school, let alone buy me a car," Jihoon spoke, mouth risen slightly in disgust, his face turning to the side.

"I can teach you if you like, Jihoon. And you can use my car whenever you need it." Did Seyoung hear him right? She stared at the boy beside her. He had a straight face. But the words that came out of his mouth contradicted his mood.

"For real? I owe you one man. I would love it if you could teach me." Jihoon grinned, receiving a slight smile from Suho. Seyoung smiled at him. She was too stunned to say anything.

The lass slightly spun her fingers through her hair, eyes drifting towards the motorbike out the window. That is definitely him. Seyoung twisted on her seat as the car moved, to see who the person was. The man got out of the bike, and pulled his helmet off. Yup. I knew it. That's him.

Seyoung had the urge to jump off and confront Seojun. But being the girl she is...... no. She had to do it. "Suho. Stop right here. I need to catch up with someone I saw in the street."

"What do you mean?" He asked, moving to the side of the road. Suho knows everyone Seyoung knows. And he was sure that Seyoung hated the one he knew she knew. And he probably knew that she wouldn't want to start a conversation with him. "You should go home and get some rest. You cried a lot."

"Wow, thank you moron. You didn't need to remind me of that. It's embarrassing." Seyoung mumbled as she unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the door. "See ya Lee Suho! Bye Jihoon." She said, waving.

She turned around when Suho drove away and shivered when the wind rushed through her body. Her hair flew all over and covered her face. She pushed it away and crossed the road with her hands wrapped around herself. Her skin was very dry and she needed to take a shower. She felt weirdly filthy.

She walked towards Seojun and tapped on his shoulder, not hesitating one bit. He turned around, eyes slowly widening as he realized who the person standing in front of him was. "Seyoung-"

"Hi," Seyoung replied, not seeming very mad. "Enjoying yourself? After ignoring my brother? Seems like it. I don't think you would be skipping school and riding bikes, unless you were. Right?"

"Seyoung..."

"What?!" She yelled. Waiting for a response from the boy. She knew it wasn't his fault. But why won't she stop blaming him. What is up with her? Why did she get down the car just to speak to him when she was gonna nag him anyway? Only she knew the answer to that. No, actually, no one did.

"Do you even see where we are?"

"I-" Seyoung paused when she realized they were in front of a hospital. Her face went blank when she remembered that his mom wasn't doing well. "Oh."

Seojun looked at her with disappointment in his eyes. But she wasn't sure who it was for. Disappointed with himself? Disappointed in life? Disappointed in her? Seyoung could never read Seojun. And reading people was one of her greatest assets. But his emotions were always a secret to her.

"Whatever. That doesn't-"

"Heyyy, Seojun! What are you doing here bro?!" A voice chimed from behind them. Seojun turned around, Seyoung peeking over his shoulders as he did. He widened his eyes before grabbing Seyoung's hand and sprinting off. Seyoung followed but was very confused when those people started chasing the two.

"What the heck? Did you get yourself in trouble again, Han Seojun?!?" Seyoung yelled as she looked back every now and then to see if they were still being chased. To her horror, the five guys were quicker than she expected.

"Not really! I'll explain later," Seojun said, before making a sharp turn. Seyoung widened her eyes and grunted when her shoulder hit a concrete wall. She screamed silently when a sudden twinge of heavy pain surged through her shoulder. Her backpack was making it harder for her to run. She ran out of breath and turned back one last time to see if they were still chasing them. Again, they didn't stop.

Seyoung was exhausted. Suho was right. She should've gotten enough rest. She was an idiot to not listen to him. And idiot for wanting to rekindle her friendship with Seojun. An idiot for wanting to tell him that she didn't blame him because he was at fault. But because she was hurting and needed someone to blame. And he was her target all along. And how much she hated herself for that and how guilty she felt.

Seojun dragged her up a filthy and murky building. They peeked outside the window, to see that all five of them missed the two. He left a huge sigh of relief and flicked the hair out of his face when he noticed Seyoung massaging her left shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"What do you mean what's wrong? You fool! Everything is wrong! You driving your bike even after your mom told you not to, is wrong. You getting yourself in trouble with those idiots even after you were almost killed last time, is wrong. And- Aah!" Seyoung's grip on her shoulder got tighter as the excruciating pain increased. "I'm leaving. Also, sorry about earlier. I had forgotten that your mother is sick." She said, before walking away.

"Wait. Let me drive you home. Or at least carry your backpack until we reach your home. As a way of apologizing so that we can be friends again if that's okay with you. If not let me at least take you to the hospital because I think you have an injured shoulder and it looks like it hurts a lot so it might've been fractured and I also want to make everything up to you. Sounds good?"

Seyoung looked at him with an ice cold stare. "You wish that was enough."