2

I've always had a dreamcatcher in my room. It isn't because of me, my parents buy them every time. My parents are superstitious.

They believe that dreamcatchers catch bad dreams so that you won't have to dream about them again. So you would only dream about happy things. I don't think the same. I've had that dreamcatcher for years but I still see nightmares. Most of my dreams are nightmares.

This dream isn't one of them. This dream is not a nightmare. I clearly remember what the girl told me.

"You can find the thing you are wishing for there" she said.

The thing is, I am currently not wishing for anything. I have the perfect family living in a big suburban house. I eat 3, even 4, times a day. I was born with a gold spoon in my mouth. I am rich. My dad is a lawyer and my mom is a businesswoman. Sure, they almost work overnight but we still bond.

I got my laptop from the desk and set it on my lap. I type 'can dreams happen in real life?' And the search results turn to 100. Wow, only few people write about dreams. I click the first site I see.

"Dreams are usually unrealistic. It may have occurred in the past that may have struck the person's mind. Or it will happen in the future. It depends on the person if they want it to happen to them. Some things happen because you want them to be real. Nothing is impossible."

It was very short but it was the only thing I needed. I need to find the box. I need to know what's inside. I have everything so what can I still wish for? Adventure! Yes.

I think I am wishing for an adventure. I skipped on the stairs going to my kitchen. I grabbed a fortune cookie. Now this is what i believe on. Fortune cookies.

I grabbed a bottle of orange juice and drank it straight. I ate a banana before opening the fortune cookie. But I heard a sound on my backyard. Is Hazzy out again? I let him in yesterday night.

I walk outside. "Hazzy! Hazzy, where are you?"

"Arf"

I follow the sound of his bark and found him behind the old oak tree.

"Not this again Hazzy. Why are you digging the soil? Mom will get mad at you!" I scold my dog even though i know he will not answer me. Instead he answered me with a bark.

I glared at him. "Come on, Hazzy!" I said walking towards the house. But I tripped on the soil he was digging.

"Aww." I said brushing off the dirt.

Then a shining metal caught my eye. And everything in my dream came washing back to me. Was this it?

I dig and dig on the soil. And yes it is a box. A wooden box lined with metal on the sides. There are carvings on the side. Random carvings that aren't professionally made. It looks like someone just made it because she was bored. After that I look at the back and I see that it was clean. No silly carvings. I switch it to the front and I saw a lock.

A lock? How can i open this?

I grabbed the box and my dog then i ran inside. I walk to the kitchen where the tools are. I got a hammer and laid it on the kitchen isle.

I pick the fortune cookie up. I cracked it open. I eat the cookie first before reading the paper.

I grabbed the hammer again and I put it on the toolbox. I ran upstairs with the locked box on my hand.

The fortune cookie read "Adventure leads you to the key. The key that makes your wish happen."

______________________________________
Second chapter done. What do you all think? I am in to some criticisms. This one's short too. I promise it will be longer as the story goes on. Yey or nay? Twitter: @maujjjj i know it's lame but it's just the start. Vote and comment. Thanks!