9

We have arrived at Switzerland!

Well, there was a stop in Saudi Arabia. But that was an hour and a half to stretch our muscles.

I don't really like sitting on airplane seats for long. My butt hurts all the freaking time. And this was a 10-hour plane ride.

We went into customs and all that airport stuff. And finally, a breath of the alps. Geneva Airport is not that crowded.

Gab told me that we should look for a person holding our name. The first thing I asked was,'Is he a guy? Is he hot?' I knoooooow. It sounds super thirsty. That's what I came here for, right? To find the right guy so I could find happiness.

I got a death glare from him.

'There they are!' He exclaimed.

'They?' I asked. What? We have other people with us?

He didn't answer. Instead he ran off to a crowd of conversing people. I followed him.

'Hello! I'm glad you guys came!' He said. So, we really do have guests. Why didn't he tell me?

They exchanged a lot of hello's and how are you's and haven't seen you in a long time's.

It seems like I was forgotten. I hate this feeling. I hate feeling oblivion. So I ran to a nearby coffee shop and bought some swiss coffee with the francs we exchanged from dollars earlier. Swiss coffee is good.

'Shit' I huffed to myself. I realize that I don't know how to go back to them. I start to panic. Just then, my phone starts ringing. I sigh with semi-relief.

'Hello?' I greet.

'Bonjour madame. Is this Ms. Sales?' A male voice said with a french accent, I can hardly understand him.

'Yes. And who is this?' I ask.

'I'm calling from the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva. You were not here in your designated time of sign-in. Will you still be staying with us?' He asks, His voice ruffled.

'Yes. Can you please send a taxi for me? I'll be waiting at Terminal 2. There was just a delay.' I reply.

'Sure madame. Let me just call a taxi. Thank you.' He speaks with a clear reception of relief.

'Thank you.' I said. I quickly got out and went to terminal 2.

I booked a hotel for Gab and I. I didn't know we have some guests. And, Gab doesn't know we'll be staying at Kempinski. It was a surprise. So I guess I'm alone.

Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva is a 5-star hotel overlooking the lake, Jet d'Eau. I think it was called that. And I heard they have great service so I quickly contacted it.

And there it is. I let the driver get my bag and put it at the back. I wanted us, Gab and I, 3 days of relaxation before we go backpacking. It seems like he'll go first.

We arrive at the hotel. It's grand, really.

Someone escorts me to the reception area.

'I'm so glad you're here madam. Did you have a nice trip?' A man asks with the same thickly-accented english.

'Yes. But seating in a 10-hour airplane ride is not in my list of wants.' I said with a chuckle.
He chuckles, out of politeness, i think.

'Are you alone madame?' He asks as he instructs someone to type away my information.

'I wasn't earlier. But now I am.' I said with a polite nod.

'Let me escort you to your room. It's in the 12th floor and one of the biggest rooms in our hotel. If you want to order anything you may call the room service....' He said as we march to the elevator. He presses 12th floor while he blabbers things I block out. They are all hotel rules I've heard before.