Ch2 : Small things

Team woke up when he felt something shaking. He peered his eyes open, irritated. But the irritation went away just as fast as it came when he saw what had disturbed his sleep. It was Win.

His eyes we're closed, he was trembling, mumbling and sweating in his sleep. Hia was having a nightmare. Team immediately got up on his side and started shaking Win awake "Hia wake up".Win didn't wake up. Instead he started to thrash and let out low painful screams.

Team got scared, he sat up and started to shake Win awake as he pulled his body up onto his lap "HIA HIA WAKE UP. It's just a nightmare. HIA!!"

Win woke up with a gasp and started looking around frantically with wide eyes. When he realised Team was supporting his body up he immediately grabbed Teams shirt and shifted closer. Team wrapped his arms around Win and pulled him closer "Its okay hia. It was just a nightmare, it's okay"

"Team... " Win whispered as if not able to decide if he was still in the dream or not. He moved closer to Team.

After a few seconds he started to come back to his senses "I-I'm fine." Win said, slowly loosening the tight grip he had had on his faen's clothes.

"What did you dream about?" Team asked as he moved Wins hair from infront of his face.

Win looked into his eyes as if he was thinking hard "I-I can't remember..." He shook his head "...I know it w-was something bad but I don't remember what it was"

"It's okay Hia. Right now it's 3 in the morning, you need rest more. Try and sleep again na."

Team was right, though win had been terrified and was now wide awake he could feel how dry and tired his eyes were. He needed rest.

"Hmmm" He agreed as the two of them slowly layed back down, this time Team supported himself up on his side with his left hand supporting his head while he slowly patted Win until the taller fell asleep. Team followed soon after.

The next morning they both woke up a little after 7 and went to the washroom to freshen up. When Team came to the kitchen he thought something was off but couldn't figure it out so he shrugged it off and kept the water to boil, going to their bag he removed the only thing they had to eat at the moment. Cup noodles.

As the two of them were halfway through their food they heard a knock on the door. Win opened it, Team standing right behind him.

A man and woman who looked to be in their 50's were standing outside, smiling warmly at the two.

"Hi! We live in the house beside yours" The woman said enthusiastically pointing to the house to their right "Yesterday we saw you both come in. Are you our new neighbors?"

"We just moved in yesterday night. It's nice to meet you" Win said with a smile then he moved from infront of the door, giving them a clear view of the empty interior. He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly "I would ask you both to come in and take a seat but we don't exactly have our furniture here yet"

Team Wai'd them from behind Win. The couple returned the gesture and laughed "Don't worry we won't take much of your time, you both probably have a lot of work to do. We just came along to say hi" The lady said.

"Do you still have to buy the furniture son? I know a place that could give you some discount on it." The man asked thinking that Team and Win were yet to buy any.

"No uncle... Actually we moved in here from another town and the moving van carrying our things went to the wrong place. It should be here in a few days." Team explained.

"Oho. That's too bad. If you both need anything let us know na, we'll love to help you. Don't be shy. Think of us as your parents."

They had only just met the man and woman but both Win and Team already liked them. "Thank you aunty, uncle" Win and Team smiled at each other as they both answered in synchrony.