one

reason one - smarts and brains
lmh
I woke up to the sound of my stupid alarm, same old same old. High school. It was hell and I just wished I could sleep for just a little bit longer. I had to choose between facing reality or facing my bed. Unfortunately I chose reality. Starting to groan from the pain in my body I got up, did my usual routine, shower in very cold water because it was to wake me up fully, throw on my school uniform which is half ironed and a black hoodie on top. I walked past my mum and signalled her a wave for either good morning or bye, both worked, as she smiled at me and blew me a kiss, as I rushed down the stairs.

I stumbled downstairs, only to realise I forgot my backpack, waddle back upstairs to get my stuff, say bye to my dad as he throws an apple at me to take to school, as I'm running late (like usual) take a bite into todays very green apple, and start to run towards the damn bus which I'm surprisingly not late for. Today seems to be a lucky day.

-

I arrived at school not too late, to see my friends, the seven of them seem to be occupied with something or whatever, I flashed my eyes over a boy who made my heart beat slightly faster. Kim Seungmin, if only I had the courage to have a somewhat decent conversation, don't get me wrong we're friends and in the same friend group but it's complicated...

"Ya Lee Minho, are you gonna keep standing there like a knob or what?" A cheeky voice echoed from next to the brunette beauty, Han Jisung. I rolled my eyes as I finally sat down next to the shortest guy here, with black hair and a pretty cool undercut, Changbin, Seo Changbin, all the ladies loved him except they couldn't, why? He was whipped for someone else, and that seemed to someone who is the complete opposite to him. Lee Felix.

The nicest guy you will ever meet in this school, he had blonde hair and always wore everything with a smile, his happiness something makes me wonder how he isn't worn out from it. The guy next to him was my bestfriend, he looked amazing like always, and when you thought Changbin was hot? This guy was hotter Hwang Hyunjin, only thing about him is that he is pretty oblivious to his surroundings (cough cough Jeongin having a crush on him cough cough).

Speaking of Jeongin, probably the most sane member of our friend group, the only person who when actually speaking didn't speak a load of rubbish or none sense. He was cute, our whole group was low-key whipped for him, especially Hyunjin...

Chan, Bang Chan, the oldest and the wisest, and the type of guy you would go to if you needed some kind of advice, he was ever so kind and he was always so sweet and understanding- "Minho." Chan spoke aloud clearing my thoughts as I shook myself back into the real world instead of my thoughts.

"Man you spaced out for quite a while, you alright?" His calm voice spoke, as the older showed a look of concern, I just shrugged it off as I started to pretend to take something out of my bag, only to look at the boy opposite. Kim Seungmin, I wouldn't say I have a crush on him but I kinda did. I looked at the distracted boy, staring at his revision notes and stuff, he was smart.

Not just smart but he was top of the school smart, he aced every exam and test he had and he always seemed to be studying or revising yet still managing to work and spend time with his friends and family, and I liked that about him, he was smart and it attracted me, I slowly smiled to myself as I watched his glasses fall to his nose ever so slightly.

"Minho... what are you looking at" The brunette boy stated in a sarcastic tone, startling me whilst I smirked and rolled my eyes, "your ugly face seung" I replied, only for him to snark and pull a middle finger at me, ouch. This is what I meant by complicated. I've know Seungmin the longest ever, but I wasn't too sure why we were acting like this.

I mean I believe I did it too protect myself, my feelings, and it just kept going on, which gave me false hope that he didn't like me so I had to pretend like I didn't like him even though I did, and I couldn't do anything about it, which sucked but it is what it is right?