two

reason two - determination
lmh
My eyes laid on the stressed looking boy, whom I seem to feel guilty for, he really did look tired and burnt out, not to mention the amount of exams he would have to prepare for, another reason why I liked him, he was determined to do the best he could even if it meant he had to cross mountains or swim to the other side of the world, he always worked for what he wanted.

I watched the boy start to feel overwhelmed and he seemed to excuse himself, I frowned slightly, as I didn't like it when he was sad or upset, I complained to myself, but for some reason I decided to go after him, if I wasn't a mad man already, I was now. "I'm going to go check in on him..." I muttered, as I watched the boys sat on the table widen there eyes in shock or surprise.

It wasn't normally me who was good at advice ever, normally Chan or Changbin would go check up on Seungmin, but here I was, going into the library to see if he was okay. Which is why it was probably such a huge shock, I was friends with Seungmin but not particularly close I just admired him from afar, and hoped that maybe I could be closer with him. This was my shot.

-

I entered the quite room, I'd rarely go into this part of the school, as one I didn't particularly like the school library I would always go out to bookshops to local library to buy or borrow books, I just didn't like the school library for some reason. I laughed as I remembered one quarrel I had with Seungmin a while back, he defended the school library with his life, whilst I kept on slandering it. It was a rather funny moment if I was going to be honest.

I looked over in the corner to see Seungmin with his headphones in, face resting within his arms, almost a sleep like view. He looked so gentle and delicate at that moment and I didn't want to ruin it. I quietly walked over to his table, with his face rested on his arms I pulled the chair next to him and sat down. I debated in my head whether or not I should call out his name or not or something along those lines.

"Seungmin..." I whispered loudly in hopes he would hear it, but he didn't, I gently tapped him, again hopefully for him to notice, but unfortunately he didn't, this time I shook his shoulder carefully, now finally getting his attention, he looked over and he had startled all over his face. I mouthed sorry in apologies for scaring him ever so slightly, he took his headphones off and placed them on his neck, making him look cute.

Making butterflies in my stomach start to appear, I smiled as he fully sat up again, "hey you okay? I don't want you feeling too overwhelmed..." I gulped hoping what I said would have meaning for the younger, he nodded as I let out a sigh of relief. I took a small breath in before speaking, "you know I low-key envy your determination to strive and that you know?" I exclaimed quietly, looking him in the eyes ever so subtly.

He looked flushed at first then smiled slightly, "it's because I hate failure, and that sucks a lot... thank you though, I think at times I'm not doing enough" he added. I frowned, he always did so much work that it was honestly concerning. I decided to try change the topic to see if I could lighten the air.

At the glimpse of my eye I saw a book in Seungmin's bag. "That's a good book you know" I said, his eyebrow raised, he pulled out the book analysing it carefully, "I didn't know you read..." he laughed out loud, trying to make it sound loud at all, I shrugged my shoulders, "I do" I added, he smirked, "especially romance novels" he added, i simply nodded, I liked to read all sort of books, I just didn't read as much as the younger.

"Thought you hated the library though" his voice was light and tired as he continued, with a wide smile on his face, i shrugged my shoulders again only to receive a light shove from the brown haired boy, I let out a chuckle, "I said I just hated this library" I replied to him, rubbing his hair, which was soft and fluffy.