The Corrupted Artist

This oneshot will be based around the Ink that appears in several of my works - the one who is evil and has on more than one occasion conquered the multiverse. Also known as the one in From Murder to Dust and Brightness in Bondage. The reason this isn't included in either of those works (on Wattpad, since Ao3 is easier on me) is that this fits better here.

Please note that this is meant to replace a work that I lost in my precious Wattpad tragedy (I lost thirty chapters of Ink's backstory). This will not be that long, but I hope to make it enjoyable. 

This will be in Ink's point of view.

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

Once upon a time, there was a hero. 

This hero was made with a purpose. He was meant to protect the alternate universes of the newborn multiverse. Evil was just a myth, back then; there was nothing to fear outside of genocidal children and the possible horrors of the surface. People could understand that, and they accepted it. It wasn't dangerous; every life had risks, after all. The three Guardians - determination, emotion, and corruption - were created to keep the peace. Determination was the only one who held firm to their job. Emotion was killed, but she left behind two replacements. The one this story is about..is corruption. It was a little known fact that every being in the multiverse was created on a base of code; it was simple to add variety, and alternate universes sprang up to fill the void called the multiverse. Code had a darker side, however; it was easy to crack, and beings would occasionally "crash." The Corruption Cleaner was intended to prevent that. His name was Ink, and he was an artist. I was he.

I was created to destroy corruption, which was a noble task; I was made with a determined spirit, and my soul was large - metaphorically, although it was pretty! My paintbrush was intended to harness my most powerful magic, although I could use it without. The white paint served as the base for the rest of my powers, and it represented the entirety of them; when used, it would eradicate corruption, effectively saving any helpless victim that it touched. Of course, there was a darker side. Corruption was a powerful enemy, and several variants were able to gain sentience; they meticulously avoided my efforts, only corrupting duos at a time or inserting themselves in the core codes of new universes before their stories had a chance to unfold. I was forced to destroy those universes, and I wasn't always able to save a victim; a painless death became my only option. I was blamed. The corruption that had gained sentience knew that I was a threat; it began to infect popular civilians, forcing me to murder them in front of everyone they knew. I destroyed universes that neighbors had been excited to meet the inhabitants of, and my defenses were rejected. I never gave up my job because of them; I was too strong to do that.

My life began to go downhill when the Guardian of Negativity entered it. He was..a friend. He had one desire, however; he..

"I don't want to be a Guardian." He told me, one day. "I want to travel the multiverse."

"I don't think you can just stop." I responded. "It's kinda like..fate. You just can't..escape it, you know?"

"There's always a way out, Ink. I'm going to find it, and when I do..I'm going to leave."

"Your magic doesn't support portals.."

"...I was kind of hoping.."

"Night, I know." I chuckled. "If you ever do get this chance..I'll be there. I promise."