"This is us"

*************
I will be trying something new with this next few chapter's. I've been thinking I'd like to incorporate the first person thoughts. more now, with the readers.
This will be happening with the person jenny. I'm hoping it will be more interesting, listening to some of Jenny's inner thoughts from time to time.
As we'll as the narrator's parts.
**************

My mom has two son's now, and me.

I'm seventeen years old now, and I sometimes reminisce of times me and my mom would do arts and crafts together.
We would do this craft called,
"Modge-podge".
First u make the glue mixture. After this paste squares of paper, spread across old glass jars & bottles.
All different colored, little pieces. So that it would decorate the old bottles or jars very nicely.

Some even use this teqnique for covering a balloon with wet news paper, and waiting for it to dry and pop the balloon. Except we use nice tissue paper and paint the bottle then place the paper on the jar.

We would then use these for,
A vase for some wild flowers my mom would run off and get from somewhere.

She is alway's such a free spirit, my mom, people would tell me great things about her travels as a young woman.

Jenny thinks of her family to herself as she's doing the dishes, before her mom comes back.

I would hear How wonderful And helpful she is, I to try to be helpful and sincere.
I watch over my mom too though. We have a different kind of bond than most mother and daughter would.

Sandra's had two more son's, And has been with the same man since jenny was seven years old. Who she also looks up to as a father figure.

Matt Always made sure they had a car, to get from A, all the way to C. Then of course, stopping at B, before coming back to point A. If that made a lick of scense.

Matt is Aboriginal from a couple providence's away from BC. He came out when he was nineteen, And my mom was twenty-three at the time.
His tribe is of the Mohawk ancestry, and Sandra is Cree/ English.
He came out here looking for his dad, and ended up finding the love of his life.

Little did he know at the time, of their love blossoming. Matt leaves back to his hometown only to return with a throbbing heart for the love of a woman named Sandra.

I was seven, and sometimes I felt like I would be getting in the way of the stuff they were trying to do. Anyways,
So Matt and Sandra quickly fell in love, and started a life together with little jenny by their sides.

Jenny would alway's call for her cousin's jade, Jillian, or shae to come and hang out at the house with her.
Or they all would take off swimming for like eight hours, and meet the other cousins there if they could arrange that, because jenny was an only child up until she was twelve.
So sometimes she would get lonely, just her.

Sandra and Matt were young wild and free, and nothing could stop them.
That's When Matt and Sandra, had a lot of fun together. As we'll as started getting to the next level of partying. When jenny started learning her own independence, one of these lessons she learns is in the story called "waiting". It kind of seems to explain what it was like for her.

Matt was into hockey all his life, and that's one of the things that attracted Sandra to Matt was his unbelievable skills against local boys around the hockey scene.

The next big news, was that Sandra and Matt became parents of two beautiful son's. Taylor, & Jacob. Who he loved teaching his secret hockey skills too, religiously playing "sock ball hockey", in the living room.

So eventually Matt started getting his own crew of players together. Basically a beer league of elite players of the AAA men's hockey underworld.
As we'll Most of his new players were Sandra's sisters boyfriends.

Sandra had six sisters and one brother.
The family is quite close, gathering's, birthday's, reunions.

They would always gather at grandmother and grandfathers house, for early lunch and coffee.

Before grandpa would settle in for his nap, we all would have cleared the dishes and all leftovers. As we'll as all made our way's around the city, back to our niche's.
Jenny had about twenty cousins, if there was a gathering. There was no shortage of fun games to play with all the cousin's.

(Jenny at seventeen)

I'm seventeen now, so usually at these gatherings I'm pretty exited to see my cousins. I started smoking herb about a year ago, and I've been kinda partying to.
I tried E for the first time at my friend's house.
That would be the only time I try that.
Holly fuck I paid twenty dollars for one pill, only took half.
I felt high for three day's, after the initial two day's of staying and partying at my friends. I still slept while at her house.

The weird feeing really kicked in
every time I smoked a J for like three days after I felt high again.
That is why I didn't try that gross stuff again.

I would come home and sleep, in my room for hours.
Sometimes my mom would come check on me, make sure I was still just hibernating.
Maybe she thought that if I slept to Long I might not wake up.

I could sleep so long.
She would even bring food, but sometimes I would lock the door with a butter-knife.
My little brothers are now five and three. So they always come see me, or at least try my door handle.

We all live in surrey, in a cute duplex. I can sneak out of my window if I want, but I didn't have to. I could go as I pleased.
I did go, fuck I ended up starting to goto jail.