"No Freedom All Time"

JENNY
***********
The first time I ever landed myself into prison, was in (2005).

I had been hanging around some of the most weird and shifty streets of whalley.

If you don't know which whalley I'm speaking of, you'll pick it up in good time.
The surrey pre-trial prison center though, this place is like cold hard reality.
However here in B.C., I've heard that we've had it good for prison
Conditions.

Except for the food, that's always a hit and miss.
It's not un-common, for inmates to save one item of food from the dinner rations.
Then these items would be used in another meal, later on in the evening.
Some would even trade, item's of food for rations of sugar or coffee. Butter is also portioned out daily per inmate.

I once worked in a jail kitchen too, I made sure my food tasted the best for my people!.
Extra beef soup base, in my stew's.
Working in the kitchen, at the camp jail was great.
However that's a whole different jail. When they used to let us still order smokes, I would order myself a carton or two. You can triple your smokes inside, basically triple anything if someone wants it bad enough.

I stayed on a unit that was called
"C" unit, wouldn't be the first time for me here.
Little do I know, this would be one of many jail cells, and unit's I would have to get comfortable in.

How I found myself in there, is also a part of this story. It will
Explain a bit of what I was doing to get myself in that situation.

I didn't have time for graduation, I had dropped out of school.
First, I was helping take care of my brother's. Me and a current boyfriend of mine, would help my mother with the kids.
Matt would be there too, however they both would take off partying still.
Leaving the kids with us, or the babysitters.

I was already down the street selling crack out of a local house. One of a mutual friend's got us that place, me and my boyfriend stayed there for a couple years.
I ended up staying at the shack longer than, the guy I was with.
I don't blame him, prices were crazy staying there.
However I did stay because it became my home. I had a full room full of nice clothes,

Some days I wouldn't have the time to see if my brother's were still at the babysitters. It hurts me to say that now, because nothing is more important than those kids.
They did get taken away, fuck that really hit our family hard. My parent's did start to get their shit together.
It was just so hard sometime's, we struggled with no food.
We got food from a few good sources, at times. Also family would come stop in and drop off stuff too.
I would use money from hustling to get by, a lot of times I would get good deals on stuff down on the street. Like meat, cheeses, or bread's.

When Sandra and Matt would come back home, I would leave and go back down to the block.

Me and my boyfriend, we lasted about five years.
That ended by the time I did a year in maple ridge at a women's prison. I kept hearing of different women he'd been with. Also he got into doing heroine, and I wasn't about that.

I mean we did speed together, the whole five years we were in a relationship. Even though we were also with the drug as we'll as each other.

Never real feelings, until everything was all over. Asshole. Words can't explain how I don't feel for you.

After I was over that phase is where the real fun began for me, or so I thought.
I used to be with some of the most outlaws of surrey B.C.. At times.

I can't quite remember how, but I started to go with this native squad. I'm Cree from Saskatchewan, so it felt right to be with my people.
Me and these boys were cray.
We'll they were the one's who were so rambunctious, drawing all sorts of attention our way.
Sometimes good, and sometimes that attention would land us in trouble.

I started dating one of these two brothers,
And little did I know I would go on one of the longest trips of my life. Which in the end would land me, yet again behind bars.
That was the last time i went in.
I've been to jail more than thirty times. Do not judge me.

****************

This book is a different style of writing, please comment if needed! I like to narrate, a we'll as take the reader inside the character's thoughts. I hope I'm not losing you guys, with my approach.

************