Chapter 19:

Siena POV

I spent the next two and half hours sitting in Carina's office reading her medical books. I gained more knowledge about the female body. Which is quite interesting. I guess I also learned that Carina is a very intuitive person.

We talked a lot, and I was able to learn more things about her. She told me baby stories about her in Italy. She told me that before Andrea was born, she was the family favorite. However when her baby brother was born she still was the favorite, yet she had to share the spotlight, which she wasn't too crazy about.

It was about 5:50 pm when I told Carina I was going to walk to the station. She had a long surgery schedule at 6:30 pm, so the timing was perfect.

Carina and I walked down from her office, and to the emergency entrance, which is closer to the station.

"Bye, I'll see you later," I said as I started to walk away. I just wanted to see how Carina would act. I turned around and waved, and she had a very confused look on her face. She cleared her throat as she saw me still walking.

"Just kidding," I said as I walked back to her with a smirk on my face. "Mhmm," she hummed.

"Thank you for coming, I like having you around in the hospital, and so does everyone else they love you here," Carina expressed.

"Thank you for letting me come, and who doesn't like me. I am me after all," I joked. The Italian laughed and pulled me in for a hug.

She kissed me on my forehead and pulled away from the hug. "Tell Maya to text me as soon as you get there. If no one is there that you recognize that means that they left for a call. Just go in her office and press #3134 that will call my office," Carina rambled.

I know she is just looking out for me, but I am going down the street. What could happen in 5 minutes? Relax Carina. It's across the street.

"I know you're probably wondering why I am freaking, and it's just because you don't have a phone yet, which we need to do, so I am just being extra careful. Sorry," she added. I guessed she sensed the stress that her rambling was causing. I nodded my head.

I reached up to kiss her on the cheek. "I guess it's just the parental instinct in you, but don't worry. I got it," I said.

"See Maya, tell her to text you that I made it, don't see Maya dial #3134 to call your office," I responded with 2 thumbs up while slightly walking backward.

While still walking backward I said, "Bye, see you later." She waved and said, "Bye, bambina be-." She was trying to tell me to watch where I was going before I ran into someone. Which happened anyway.

"Sorry," I screeched, reaching my hand out to the person I bumped into. "Be careful," Carina said for the last time before she walked back inside the hospital. I turned around and began my walk to the station. I chuckled at myself because I love giving them a hard time.

Once I started my walk, I was able to breathe in the beautiful weather. I haven't been able to go out in a while. My dad wasn't a big fan of me leaving the house. He always wanted– more like needs someone to control all day long. If my mom was worn out, he would turn to me.

Being with Carina and Maya I was able to do things I couldn't with my dad, like go outside. But I am too hesitant to ask because I'm just not used to getting free rein, I may start though.

About a few minutes later I made it to Station 19.

"Hello," I shouted as I walked in. There was no one at the front desk, and I didn't hear chatter upstairs. I walked up to Maya's office and didn't see her inside. Meaning they were out on a call.