7

Being heated that he had just lost, Nick tugged at George's foot. George half-heartedly yelped as he fell down in the water. He popped back up to see a huge smile plastered on Dreams face.

"Hi!" Dream practically barked.

George rolled his eyes, turning his head to the direction of the pool stairs.

"My turn!" Quackity yelled, stepping down in the water.

"Yes!" Karl jumped, "Now we can win!"

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Quackity said as he trudged up to Karl, playfully kicking his leg underwater.

George wasted no time getting out of the pool. By the time they started mounting on shoulders, George was already sitting on a pool chair, a towel around his shoulders.

For the next hour or so, George simply watched them play. They played two rounds of chicken, a redemption of marco polo, then racing each other across the sides of the pool.
George decided a long time ago that he wasn't getting back in. He had already been dried off within the 10 minutes of sitting there.

While checking twitter on his phone, he hears Karl shout, "George! Get in the hot tub with us!"

George watched as three giddy adults head to the hot tub in the corner of the room.
He quickly shook his head, mindlessly recounting the people in front of him.

Dream was missing.
And he didn't realize he was until he heard a squeak from the chair on his left.

He subtly turned his head to glance at Dream.

"Hi," Dream said again, looking right at him.

"Stop saying hi." George half joked in return.

Dream laughed while turning his body to sit on the side of the pool chair facing George. Dream was straight forward looking at George, While George stayed side eyeing him.

"Our agreement, George, your number?"

His smile annoyed George like nothing else.
George rolled his eyes, but found himself handing out his hand, telling Dream to give him his phone.

And he did.

George typed in his number, and took the liberty of naming his own contact as well.
He handed the phone back.

Dream scoffed, "404?"

George shrugged, "I don't know, I guess it's not found. That probably means you'll never ever get a text back," he tried to hide his smile, "that's actually so crazy."

"George!" Dream whined.
Dream began to smile once George couldn't hide his own.
He figured George was smiling because he was joking. But who knows.

"C'mon.." Dream complained.

George lifted a hand to cover his mouth, turning his head down to go on his phone again.
"I said i'd give you my number, not text back."

He heard Dream sigh, "But why?"

Before George could reply, they heard someone getting out of the hot tub. Dream likes to think George would've replied, but the odds are never on his favor with him.

They both looked up to watch Karl, still without another word from them both.

Karl looked directly at George, then over to Dream, then back to George. Karl winked at him.
George flipped him off, Karl doing the same right back.
He got up from his chair to skip over to Karl, not acknowledging Dream.

"What happened between you two over there, huh?" Karl jokingly asked once George was beside him.

George scoffed, "Fuck off."

Shamelessly, George looked back over to Dream, he saw him sitting criss cross apple sauce in the direction George was, with his head buried in his phone.

"George?" Karls voice alerted George to look away from the latter.

"Why did you get out?" George asked a question before Karl could.

"We're leaving, is that okay?"

George sighed in relief, nodding his head.

They said their goodbyes quickly. Although the two left before George could properly say bye to Dream.

• • •

Once George was back in his shared dorm, he saw a text from Dream.

Clay: ik you have something against me. i really think we should talk

He didn't respond.

hi lol
i'm back with 658 words 🤣🤣😍😍
trying to make them 1000 words is hard and rlly makes it difficult to write SO i'm going to aim to get anything out rather than a certain amount
yeah that makes so sense but whatever
also i'm sorry if half of this chapter made no sense. i rlly just wanted to post something 😭
enjoy 😉 btw istg they will figure it out soon