Chapter Five

“Wait your going on a date with Harry?” Casey asks me as if its the strangest thing she’s ever heard.

‘Um, yeah.” I say absentmindedly as i search through my wardrobe for something to wear. 

“When did you and Harry happen?” 

“It hasn’t happened and it won’t.” 

“Maddi you are not making any sense!” She laughs.

“Casey something happened last night at the party with…Jesse.” I say thankful that Liam left to go to work about an hour ago so i could vent to Casey. 

“What!? What happened are you okay?” 

“Yeah I'm fine but Harry was there and he knows Jesse somehow and he stood up for me.” 

“Wow. Im so sorry Maddi, if only i had been there like planned…”

“No its fine, i just want to forget about it now.” I smile.

“So this morning when Liam and I saw him leaving shower girls dorm, he was actually leaving here.” She says, more to herself as she makes sense of it all. 

“Did you sleep with him?” Casey grins.

“No!… Does this look okay?” I try to change the subject as quickly as it was brought up. Casey makes a face at the dress and so i toss it onto the pile of ‘No’s’. 

“Oh my god why is this so hard!” I yell, trashing through my clothes. 

“Here, why don’t you wear this.” Casey hands me a cream boho style dress that has a thin brown belt that sits around the waist. I try the dress on and I’m pleased with the way it looks. I pair it with some brown ankle boots and a brown bag. I comb my fingers through my long hair tossing the majority of it over to one side. I check the time and its six forty-five. 

“I really hope he doesn’t stand me up, that would be really embarrassing.” 

“It would be, and all this mess would be for nothing.” She says pointing around our dorm at all of my clothes, and some of hers that i littered the floor with. 

“Oops.” I smile sheepishly at her knowing that she will pick all of them up when I'm gone. 

There is a knock on the door and Casey and I’s heads both snap up in its direction. 

“He’s early!”

“At least he didn’t stand you up!” She laughs. Harry is standing on the other side of the door when i open it, his hands are in the pockets of his ripped jeans. 

“Hey, are you ready?” Harry’s smile reaches his eyes and i return the gesture. 

“Be safe you two.” Casey says walking up behind me as i throw my bag over my shoulder. 

“Will do.” Harry replies. 

“Bye Casey!” I wave. 

“So where are we going?” I ask. 

“Its a surprise.” 

“Of course it is.”

“How cliche right?” Harry and i both laugh as we insult his idea for a date. 

We pull up outside of a big park, one that I've never been to before. 

“I want to show you something, i think you will like it.” Harry opens the door for me and he takes my hand, helping me out of his car. I notice when he doesn’t let go of it but i don’t mind, in fact it feels very comfortable to have my hand in his.